Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I saw the ad for Corset Wholesale on this site and clicked through- while the prices are fantastic, I'm a little put off by the poor spelling and grammar on the website, and I'm wondering if they're legit. I'm really broke and don't have a ton of money to spend on a first corset, so I was wondering if anyone has an experience with them, positive or negative?

Particularly looking at this baby: https://www.corsetwholesale.com/productdetails.php?pid=131

Views: 507

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I bought one from them right after they joined the site. I LOVE mine. I wasn't expecting it to be very good, since the price was so low, but I was totally surprised. The fit is good, the make is good, materials good, in fact, everything is good. I gave it to my seamstress who makes all my clothes and corsets, and she says for not being custom made to fit, it's a very good corset. Here's a pic, although at this point the top is not laced as tight as it should be.

100% legit, they are international and would probably be extremely grateful to get feedback on gramatical errors on their site if you put it the right way!
I am guessing the ad copy was written by someone whose English is a second language, which would account for the odd usage of grammar. It may also account for the low price, if the corset is made by some enterprising small business in a different country.

I have had corsets from Frederick's of Hollywood, as well as from Dark Garden I have one hand made for me by a leather artisan and a small assortment from other places. Generally, you get what you pay for.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying a pretty corset made inexpensively. It won't be like one say, from Dark Garden, but it will be pretty and fun. It may not be terribly comfortable, and it may not cinch as much as I like it to, but you look like you may be naturally slim, so you luck out on that end.

Corsets, those made well, are some of the most intricate and detailed sewing projects one can take on. A quality corset maker won't start making money until she sells her goods for upwards of $300, so take that into account when you look at cheaper corsets. Still, an inexpensive one can be fun and pretty and add quite a lot to your wardrobe.
Oh trust me, I do know you get what you pay for- and ha, naturally slim, that's a good one. I do sew, although most of my experience is in altering menswear, but I'm hesitant to take on the project without at least having an example around and being familiar with how they're put together.

Thanks for the feedback! I figured they were an international site, but sometimes dealing with overseas companies is dicey. Glad to hear they're for real. Roxy, that is super adorable!
Meant to include a pic of the Dark Garden corset-- bad pic, but I do love the corset.

Gorgeous! Especially with the matching skirt.

The Trousseau said:
Meant to include a pic of the Dark Garden corset-- bad pic, but I do love the corset.

Hello, Sorry about the poor spelling and grammar, I will look on it , I haven't taken this seriously till date, was quite busy with my new collection. Anyways to prove we are legit business :

Check out verisign EV check SSL seal : https://sealinfo.verisign.com/splash?form_file=fdf/splash.fdf&d...

If not you can always buy from our Official ebay store & check our feedback : http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=...

Thanx
Hey, thanks for the direct answer! Sorry to sound so suspicious, it just seemed a little too good to be true...I'll probably be buying a corset from you guys sometimes soon, then.

www.corsetwholesale.com said:
Hello, Sorry about the poor spelling and grammar, I will look on it , I haven't taken this seriously till date, was quite busy with my new collection. Anyways to prove we are legit business :

Check out verisign EV check SSL seal : https://sealinfo.verisign.com/splash?form_file=fdf/splash.fdf&d...

If not you can always buy from our Official ebay store & check our feedback : http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=...

Thanx
Thanx its ok , We are leading authentic corset manufacturer based in India,
Hello,
Corset is expensive by person who sells it. We have been making corset for people who sell for $300.
Good corset needs :
Busk
Cotton Lining that is fused
Shell fabric that is fused
waist tape
Boning : Spiral bones
Lacing
Good experienced tailor

The Trousseau said:
I am guessing the ad copy was written by someone whose English is a second language, which would account for the odd usage of grammar. It may also account for the low price, if the corset is made by some enterprising small business in a different country.

I have had corsets from Frederick's of Hollywood, as well as from Dark Garden I have one hand made for me by a leather artisan and a small assortment from other places. Generally, you get what you pay for.

There is nothing wrong with enjoying a pretty corset made inexpensively. It won't be like one say, from Dark Garden, but it will be pretty and fun. It may not be terribly comfortable, and it may not cinch as much as I like it to, but you look like you may be naturally slim, so you luck out on that end.

Corsets, those made well, are some of the most intricate and detailed sewing projects one can take on. A quality corset maker won't start making money until she sells her goods for upwards of $300, so take that into account when you look at cheaper corsets. Still, an inexpensive one can be fun and pretty and add quite a lot to your wardrobe.
I didn't mean to disregard the skill or the quality of your workmanship. I am sure you create a fine product that is well worth the price. Certainly a better deal than my first "corset" that was really a bustier!

I agree with what you say a fine corset needs, and would go as far as to say that, beyond good boning, the materials are far less important than the craftsmanship.

There is, however, another factor in a comfortable and attractive corset, and that is fit. While a corset that is ordered sight unseen depends on the skill of the buyer to measure correctly and to cinch well, one purchased onsite has the advantage of being fitted for the wearer. No matter how impeccable the tailoring is, if the customer doesn't understand how to fit herself, or if she doesn't quite fit well into the standard corset made she will not be happy with the item.

But then again, the difference is hundreds of dollars sometimes, and your corsets offer a great value for someone who either wants to try out corsetry, or who wants variety in her closet. If I were in the market for another one, I certainly would give your company a try.

www.corsetwholesale.com said:
Good corset needs :
Busk
Cotton Lining that is fused
Shell fabric that is fused
waist tape
Boning : Spiral bones
Lacing
Good experienced tailor

Since I seem to be the only one here who owns one I'm gonna say it again. The fit and quality are VERY GOOD.

I have a friend who works at dark garden, she's been there forever, and although I love their stuff, most people just can't afford it. And, this thread isn't about Dark Garden, it's about Corset Wholesale.

So if you can't afford $300-$600 for a corset, this site is a good alternative. Even though I have a pro who makes all mine, I will still order from this site again.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service