Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm updating my music playlists to include one with songs with cool slap bass (upright bass) runs.  I'm specifically looking for Rockabilly or Psychobilly songs.  A couple that come to mind are ricochet Rockabilly by Mad Sin, the live version of Stray Cat strut with Lee Rocker's solo, and Johnny Got a Boom Boom by Imelda May.  I'm probably going to get my upright bass in about a month or so.  The playlists should give me something to play along with.

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Richie, just wanted to say thanks for the downloads. The songs were exactly what I was looking for. Cool link as well! Thanks again!

richie/rockabilly richie{PLA} said:
i've got some cool slap bass songs. since we can't upload our own music from our computer anymore i'll make up a list for you and maybe you can get a hold of them.
Youtube is how I heard some of her other songs... like Johnny, which I love. Big Bad Handsome Man is the song in the HBO commercial. I'll definately have to check all the suggestion here

Brian said:
Yeah, Imelda May is great. I actually came across her music watching videos on You Tube about 8 months ago. As soon as I heard her sound, I was hooked.

Licia said:
Oh thanks to HBO, I've been turned onto Imelda May. Now if I could just find her cd in-store (I have a tendency to over spend if I shop online hehe)!
ah. that would be because not too many people know of them. The Brains are a Band out of Canada, Chop Tops are from my area and Godless Wicked Creeps are old school, they don't play anymore I don't think.

Brian said:
Thank you Nikki, The Kingonz are great! The only other bands I hadn't come across previously were The Chop Tops, The Brains and Godless Wicked Creeps. I'm still scouring the net looking for downloads which is half the fun!

Miss Nikki Sin{★} said:
this is my FAVORITE genre. I'll only share bands that havent been mentioned.

The Klingonz. Koffin Kats. Batmobile. The Chop Tops. The Brains. Rezurex. Godless Wicked Creeps.

this song kicks like 8 types of ass!
Frite Nite-The Klingonz
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/729786641
a piece of bass advice...

when you get your bass bring it right to a luthier and tell him what you'll be playing and get a bridge for that style

I use an adjustable bridge for most things since I play classical jazz and rock but I do have a second bridge that I will swap for when I'm pounding the hades out of the upright

remember.. advice is free and you're free to ignore it
Cool, thanks John.  I will definitely keep that in mind.  I didn't realize there were different bridges for various styles of play.

John said:
a piece of bass advice... when you get your bass bring it right to a luthier and tell him what you'll be playing and get a bridge for that style

I use an adjustable bridge for most things since I play classical jazz and rock but I do have a second bridge that I will swap for when I'm pounding the hades out of the upright

remember.. advice is free and you're free to ignore it
AAHAHHA! awesome!

Edson {PL Team} said:
LOL! That's hilarious, the Air Bass!!!

Edson {PL Team} said:
you should listen to anything by Reverend Horton Heat or the Koffin Kats. I got my upright earlier this year, and brother, I tell you, it's a WHOLE different ballgame than an electric bass guitar! LOL
I have all of the Reverend's tunes, he's great;  I finally got a chance to see him live recently.  As far as the Koffin Kats go, gotta agree as well.  I first saw them at Ink N Iron a few years back.  Once I heard them, I was hooked.  Thanks Kelly!

rockabilly_kelly said:
you should listen to anything by Reverend Horton Heat or the Koffin Kats. I got my upright earlier this year, and brother, I tell you, it's a WHOLE different ballgame than an electric bass guitar! LOL

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service