Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I'm updating my music playlists to include one with songs with cool slap bass (upright bass) runs.  I'm specifically looking for Rockabilly or Psychobilly songs.  A couple that come to mind are ricochet Rockabilly by Mad Sin, the live version of Stray Cat strut with Lee Rocker's solo, and Johnny Got a Boom Boom by Imelda May.  I'm probably going to get my upright bass in about a month or so.  The playlists should give me something to play along with.

Views: 176

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Check out the Hillbilly Hellcats! They rock.
Cool, that'll work if it's not too much trouble.  Thanks Richie!

richie/rockabilly richie{PLA} said:
i've got some cool slap bass songs. since we can't upload our own music from our computer anymore i'll make up a list for you and maybe you can get a hold of them.
I'll check them out.  A friend had mentioned them before, but the band's name had escaped me.  Thanks Betty, you rock!

Betty Red {Madam} said:
Horrorpops, Nekromantix, Reverend Horton Heat, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Tiger Army, Mad Max and The Wild Ones, Brutally Frank, Living End, and The Cramps are all the bands that come to mind that use upright. I'll have to go through and see which specific songs have runs though. =0D
Primus has also used upright bass, but I don't what for what specific songs. =0/ I can find out, though. =0]
You're so welcome! The Boozehounds have some good bass slappin' tunes too!

Brian said:
I'll check them out.  A friend had mentioned them before, but the band's name had escaped me.  Thanks Betty, you rock!

Betty Red {Madam} said:
this is my FAVORITE genre. I'll only share bands that havent been mentioned.

The Klingonz. Koffin Kats. Batmobile. The Chop Tops. The Brains. Rezurex. Godless Wicked Creeps.

this song kicks like 8 types of ass!
Frite Nite-The Klingonz
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/729786641
Oh thanks to HBO, I've been turned onto Imelda May. Now if I could just find her cd in-store (I have a tendency to over spend if I shop online hehe)!
Thanks for the suggestions Tessa, I've been downloading MP3's like crazy.

Tessa LeTaunt said:
Horrorpops, Nekromantix, Reverend Horton Heat, Squirrel Nut Zippers, Tiger Army, Mad Max and The Wild Ones, Brutally Frank, Living End, and The Cramps are all the bands that come to mind that use upright. I'll have to go through and see which specific songs have runs though. =0D
Primus has also used upright bass, but I don't what for what specific songs. =0/ I can find out, though. =0]
I love Imelda May!

Licia said:
Oh thanks to HBO, I've been turned onto Imelda May. Now if I could just find her cd in-store (I have a tendency to over spend if I shop online hehe)!
Thank you Nikki, The Kingonz are great! The only other bands I hadn't come across previously were The Chop Tops, The Brains and Godless Wicked Creeps. I'm still scouring the net looking for downloads which is half the fun!

Miss Nikki Sin{★} said:
this is my FAVORITE genre. I'll only share bands that havent been mentioned.

The Klingonz. Koffin Kats. Batmobile. The Chop Tops. The Brains. Rezurex. Godless Wicked Creeps.

this song kicks like 8 types of ass!
Frite Nite-The Klingonz
http://www.playlist.com/playlist/additem/729786641
Yeah, Imelda May is great. I actually came across her music watching videos on You Tube about 8 months ago. As soon as I heard her sound, I was hooked.

Licia said:
Finally got a chance to find some Hellbilly Hellcats, I agree; they definitely rock! Thanks Betty!

Betty Red {Madam} said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service