Advertise on PinupLifestyle

A few days ago the axle in my 63 Ford Galaxie broke, just a few hours after getting off the freeway. I was lucky that it happened on the street and I didn't hit anything or myself. A cop was nice enough to wait behind my car to keep anyone from crashing into me. Older cars don't have them fancy emergency lights. I know it could have been worst, the axle could have broken on the freeway.

Years ago I owned a 67 Mustang which i crashed into a minivan after falling asleep. Should have believed that label on the codeine cough syrup about causing drowsiness. Lucky for me I was an inch away from cracking my pearly whites on the steering wheel. A ride in an ambulance and stitches in my gums sure sucked, and taught me a lesson. At least the stiches weren't on my face.

What tale do you have to tell about those close calls?

Views: 37

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

man i have had some close calls........ the last major one was was in an all original unrestored model a sedan. my buddy and i were going to see another buddy when the drag link came off the pitman arm and we lost all steering. we hit a telephone pole at 45 mph with no seat belts, and original wooden floor boards. it was no fun, luckily we both walked away from it. and now i am turning into a killer hot rod lol

I guess you really aren't "one" with the car till it has some of your blood on it.

In the Gulf War, my unit saw things that were mechanically very unusual, from the survival of two drivers, to time actually warping, if only for dramatic entertainment purposes. Not everything on the road makes much sense at all, anytime. You can imagine what the State Patrol has to put up with.
In the Gulf War, my unit saw things that were mechanically very unusual, from the survival of two drivers, to time actually warping, if only for dramatic entertainment purposes. Not everything on the road makes much sense at all, anytime. You can imagine what the State Patrol has to put up with.

my car isn't a classic by any means, but i did have my axle break on me when i was on an interstate. i was doing around 60-70 and almost hit the car next to me when it happened, thankfully somehow i kept it under control. it scared the hell out of me though because i had both of my kids in the car. i have the worst luck with cars though. we were driving down the road once, and i had leanded over in my seat to get a toy for one of the kids(husband was driving) when some guy pulled out in front of us, and my husband had to hit the brakes fast to keep from hitting him. well since i was leaned forward the seatbelt didn't do it's job, and my face slammed into the dash, and broke my nose. it broke it pretty bad too because the bone was sticking out of the skin. well i had two really black eyes after that, and about 2 weeks later i hit another car, and the emt didn't believe me when i told him i wasn't hurt because of my eyes that were still black from the nose break.

I was a bad accident on the way to Vegas, a car ran us off the road. It was all so fast. When I opened up my eyes we were upside down, next to a stack of giant rocks, in a ditch.

At first I didn't think it was that bad, nothing was hurting. After the addrenaline wore off, it hurt to breath. My boobs were purple, hit my head, cut up my elbow and knees. Then everything hurt so bad, it hurt to breath.

One girl broke her collarbone, a nice truck driver had to cut her out of the seatbelt. The other girl cut up her hand and was black and purple all over as well.

Accidents sure suck. At least the moneymaker wasn't that beat up. Just a note, Baker hospitals are not so good at taking care of patients. My cuts got infected since they didn't even bother to clean them up. Didn't even give us anything for the pain.

even though I don't own a "classic" car, i was in a very bad accident in 2008. I rolled my Ford Explorer, on the Highway. I plowed into the rear of some lady who was pulled off to the side. the paramedic on the scene said that I was lucky to walk away from the wreck, let alone still be alive... it was the most terrifying moment of my life.. I miss my truck..... :'( and then in 2009 I was T-Boned in my mom's El Camino... that wasn't nearly as bad though...

yeah, I have had some close calls or lucky moments in old cars.  Of course having a brake caliper come off the front of a car because of a lazy technician was amusing..  and that was on a car that didnt exist yet.

A friend did just have a ball joint break on his 50 Chevy pickup.  He was less than a mile from home (in Michigan) after a round trip to South Carolina, and was nearly stopped when it broke and dropped the corner of the truck to the ground..

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service