Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hi Ladies! I'm new here and I want to ask a question I had in my mind since I discovered pin up. I looked some discussions and I didn't find something explaining this, and If this isn't in the right place I'm sorry :(

My question is: Can a black girl be a pin up? A lot of people told me this cannot be possible because every pin up girl has white skin, and the make up they wear is special for that skin. 

(And sorry for my bad english)

*ADMIN NOTE: Ladies cool it and keep it civil, educate don't hate. We didn't build this worldwide colorless community for anyone to think they CAN'T be a pinup. It exists to show that ANYONE can and that the style is represented worldwide without boundaries.

Views: 5197

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Exactly!!

doctordeepee said:
I wonder why you have to ask?

Hey there, 

There WERE (and are) actually pinups of other races.. even back in the 50's 60's. I've got a whole folder of vintage black pinup photos right here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150260661977108.326098....

Pin up is a mind set, not a race. Remember that and you're on and rockin, doll. 

Ro

This is a clip of Davida she's a VERY popular black pinup model!
just do it girl its all in attitude and fun mix em both together and dont get a big head and find a person you can trust in picking the shots you wont always agree but when you see the way they look when you done after the shoot you will learn it takes two or more for a winning team
I am utterly appalled that you've had to face this discrimination. OF COURSE YOU CAN BE A PIN UP! Pin up models aren't defined by their skin tone or hair type. Pin up is a style of dress that one chooses to represent themself. I see any pin up as a classy, sophisticated woman with a bit of sass to her. Don't EVER let someone tell you you can't be yourself. I'd go spit in that person's face for you if I could. Talk about disrespect. 
I one hundred percent agree with this statement.

Miss Miau said:

Have you looked a photos of Billie Holiday and other great african american singers/actress of the period they had great pin-up style! You go girl, pin up is a celebration of the female form, be the most pin-up version of you that you can be! ;) Hugs from me!

I think pin up does not describe the model, but a genre; a fragment in time, a style and a fashion. To me, if dressed appropriately in the correct environment, an alien from outer space could be a pinup..

So yes, I think most definitely and I personally would love to see more races join in to the pin up world. As far as I know, black people did not suddenly appear after the pin up rage died off.. 

Found this little gem, if you want historical examples: http://www.16stonevintage.com/1/post/2010/3/african-american-pin-up...

Look at you!  I sure hope so!

Actually, you will enjoy, maybe, my little series of essays on the history of Black Pinups?

Here is the Link.  HAVE FUN!  Jim Linderman

HISTORY OF BLACK PINUPS

Any confident woman of all ages,sizes races and even handicaps can be a pinup!

The ignorant person who told you there are only white pinups has never seen a picture of Dorthy Dandridge Lena Horne or these other lovely ladies of dark pigments.

Check this blog and site out...http://kellysdolls.com/page/4

I hope that these ebony,caramel & coffee skinned beauties help answer your query. 

Cheers for now.

I think she has a valid question. Yes, Billie Holiday was gorgeous, and she also couldn't walk through the front door to some of the venues she worked in. The question is certainly worth asking, even though it is a sad one. I doubt that the question would even have to be asked, if there was not cause to ask......
Of course! I'm half black and I'm always mistaken for some sort of Hispanic nationality.....I think being a pin up has  nothing to do with your skin color! I do understand why you ask and brought up the topic! My father a black man and I went to a rockabilly car show this past weekend and I couldnt find him my friend says oh that shouldn't be too hard to find him you two are like the only black people here.... Oddly enough it's true but I do think there should be more of us out there!!!!

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service