Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hi Ladies! I'm new here and I want to ask a question I had in my mind since I discovered pin up. I looked some discussions and I didn't find something explaining this, and If this isn't in the right place I'm sorry :(

My question is: Can a black girl be a pin up? A lot of people told me this cannot be possible because every pin up girl has white skin, and the make up they wear is special for that skin. 

(And sorry for my bad english)

*ADMIN NOTE: Ladies cool it and keep it civil, educate don't hate. We didn't build this worldwide colorless community for anyone to think they CAN'T be a pinup. It exists to show that ANYONE can and that the style is represented worldwide without boundaries.

Views: 5202

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, I just wanted to also weigh in and say that there have always been people of colour pin ups! Here is my favourite website: http://pinupoc.tumblr.com/ 

They don't update super often but they have some great historical photos of women of colour pin ups as well as modern women who do pin up or are rockabilly inspired.

If anyone has good resources on asian women doing pin-up work in the forties or fifties let me know! ;D 

I don't see why not? I think anyone can be a pinup one way or another. Break all the molds
Go be a pinup! Josephine Baker, Dorothy Dandridge & Lena Horn where all famous pinups! If anyoune tells you otherwise tell them to go pack sand.......or stronger words! Beautiful pinups come in all shapes, sizes and colors! That is what makes this type of photography ROCK!
Of course you can :D Pinup is a life style not a skin matter. And the problem with the makeup... I think there's no problem with that. Black girls use make up too special for their skin so I can't see why you can't be a pinup if you want to. Go for it!!!! :D

Yes !

Why not ? I think any woman who appericates the genre of pinup should definitely go for it. I think the make up issue can be addressed and should not be a barrier to you or the beautiful woman that you are. Welcome to PinUp !

I sent out the email about this thread 2 hours ago and in that time it has gone from 13 replies to 56! It warms my heart to belong to a community that is so kind, concerned, open minded and diverse.

You ladies and gentlemen make me proud and happy to be here on PL, and make every minute of work worth it! Thank you.

Thank you for sharing with me all these interesting pages and amazing photos. I've been here for 2 or 3 days but I'm learning a lot of stuff about pin up!!

I'm totally agree with you guys, the person who told that there are only white pin up girls is an ignorant. 

And the last thing: I'm really amazed with these pics! Black pin up girls are completly stunning!!!

You can be whatever you want to be. There was a very popular Parisian dancer by the name of Josephine Baker who I believe qualifies. She was popular in the 1920s. There was still a lot of prejudice in America at the time that the pin-up styles were made famous.  That is a sad truth of history. Other women that exemplify the beauty of the black woman in photography of the 20th century are Billy Holiday and Dorothy Dandridge. 

I was surprised by this link I found.

http://afrodandy.blogspot.com/2009/12/black-african-american-pin-up...

Attachments:
A pin up is a theme or type of photograph and colour or race has nothing to do with it. Any woman of any race can be a pin-up.
beauty is not limited to skin color.
That's a silly question! anyone can be a pinup...
Pin ups come in every shape, color , tattoo's , no tattoos , tan , pale , piercings , no piercings , etc. ! ! Don't let anybody tell you you *can not* do something , If people listen to these type comments in their lives nobody would ever live their dreams C:

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service