Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Hi Dolls!

I am compiling a list of best and worst products of 2011....  Leave your comments with the most fabulous and the most dreadful products of last year.  Can't wait to read about your experiences!

My Best:

The Porefessional primer from Benefit

Blow Hairspray by Blow

Naked Palet by Urban Decay

Butter Nail Polish

My Worst:

OPI gel nails

NYX glitter gel eyeshadow

Clinique Even Better Skin Corrector

MAC Haute and Naughty Mascara

Your turn..... :-)

Grins and Hairpins,

Kitty

Views: 932

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My best find was Revlon photoready base and powder. It goes on so smooth and light, doesn't feel heavy at all. and Avon pinkberry lipstick. I'm not much for pink but this one is awesome, so smooth. My worst find is Maybelline the falsies. This mascara by far is the worst that I have ever used. Was clumpy, did not make my lashes look like I had fake lashes.  Also one last thing, not a recent find but the best makeup remover I have ever found is baby wipes. Yes baby wipes, they remove everything.

I take it back!  The next day, I received a fab compliment on my skin, so yay arbonne!

Hell In A Handbag said:

Ooh, still so in love with MAC Russian Red matte lipstick.

Not so thrilled with the $50 bottle of Arbonne Perfecting Liquid Foundation.  Love the color, love the texture, and that it only takes a touch, but it really accentuates any dryness.

Thanks for the great tips, gals!

xxx

Thanks Kitty, for all your tips and inspiring all of us to give our input. It's helpful when you read the opinions of those using products to get the same results you are after. I love it. S.O.A.P.

You are so welcome!  That is what this community is all about! :-)

Secrets of a Pinup Skin Care said:

Thanks Kitty, for all your tips and inspiring all of us to give our input. It's helpful when you read the opinions of those using products to get the same results you are after. I love it. S.O.A.P.

I just bought MAC Morange. its bright orange. best color ever.

Have to agree on this one. Terrible! And another mascara that is just a lumpy clumpy mess.

Polly Polka-Dot said:

WORST-

Maybelline Waterproof Falsies Mascara. A friend of mine used this and I actually asked her if she was wearing fake eyelashes it looked that good. I got it for myself and it didn't look even close to that, it was just like any other mascara I have used. I was pretty dissapointed. 

As a committed makeup junkie for the past 12 years (and frequently needing to work on a budget) here are my best and worst.

Lipstick:
Believe it or not, NYX Matte Lipstick in "Perfect Red" is hands down the best lipstick I have ever used. It's a very bright, blue based red, like a halfway point between MAC's Ruby Woo and Russian Red, without any of the crayony dryness of MAC's matte colours but still high in pigment and quite long wearing, and the best part is it's literally 1/5th of the price if you get it from here.

Skincare:
I have had acne-prone skin since I was 12 years old, and I have finally come across a solution that works really well for me.
Remove Makeup: with plain old baby wipes. Careful on the eyes though as they can be a bit harsh 
Wash:
with loads of warm water first, to loosen eyerything up and then simply use a little bit of normal soap, but just a little bit!
Scrub: with St. Ives Apricot Scrub once to twice a day. The sacylic acid really gets in there and does the job.
Tone: with a splash of Witch Hazel
Moisturise: I either use plain sorbolene cream with a bit of tea tree oil mixed in with it or an oil free moisturiser. I have had near flawless skin for the past 6 months since starting this routine.

Worst:
Revlon Age Defying Eye Cream. Makes my eyes feel all sticky and crap in the morning after use :( I was previously using Olay Total Effects Eye Cream which was unbelieveably good but I fear they test on animals and have stopped until I find out for sure.

My worst:

NYC powder...cracks with in two minutes

My best:

Burt's Bee's lip gloss kit, 4 shades

Cover girl powder

You may think I'm crazy for saying this but along with all my many many expensive eye shadows I also have tons of shades that I got from Hot Topic. They come in bright beautiful colors like hot pink, are cheap and stay on without smudging or fading all night. I swear by these eye shadows, Love Love Love them

I also love Lash Stiletto mascara in black 

The only product I think I really didn't like was the falsies mascara

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by