Advertise on PinupLifestyle
We want to support all of the beautiful PL girls in the pageant, but if everyone makes their own thread, it might make it more difficult to keep up on who has entered. 

So, if you are in the pageant, please post your name here. That way we have all our fabulous girls in one place!

I have 4 email addresses and plan to use all of them, that's 16 votes, and they will all be going to PL girls!! I'm sure others will do the same!

Views: 306

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The way I understood it, they did take the votes into high consideration. However the votes didn't solely determine the finalists. They needed the votes to see what the public liked. I appreciated their honesty when I had entered two years ago.

I personally really dislike campaigning, it's spam. Registering your email with INI may be spam, soliciting for votes, spam as well. I prefer to invite my friends and followers to the contest and have them pick for themselves. If they like me, they'll vote for me. So, it's promoting the event, but letting the voter make their choice. Because like I said before, this shouldn't be a popularity contest. And you shouldn't have to ask someone to think you're great.

Something to consider is no contest is perfect. People take things personally and in the end no matter how well you plan the event, if it doesn't go the way someone planned, there will be people that disagree with the process. There's bias, there's people thinking they are better than they really are, there's people that are better than they are treated, there a lot of factors. For example, I disagree that the voting period was ended early. :)

My advice would be, enter a contest, have fun, if you don't make it you don't make it, if you do, then you do. Either way support the scene and have a great time!
lisa love you speak many words of wisdom<3
Ok... I'm really tired of getting emails every night from someone who has their opinion of what happened. .. Congrats to all the girls who made it to the top 12. I did not personally realize the caliber of women I was competing against as a newcomer to the pin-up scene but the girls who were pivked have put a lot more time and effort into the craft than I have so far. So u go girls and I know that someday I will be there just not right now. As a tattoo artist I had been a participant in the actual convention before and thought it would be fun to join the contest again not realizing my competition. I did however put time and money into my selfpromotion to my avail it was not enough. In good fun I still hope to meet some of u there as I will be tattooing and having a great time. Cause that's what its all about newayz.
You are shortchanging yourself, Bella. You are classy and represent what pinup is, and are already head and shoulders above some of those other girls! You will always be one of my first choices! (tattoos and all :D )
Bella Rockafella said:
I did not personally realize the caliber of women I was competing against as a newcomer to the pin-up scene but the girls who were pivked have put a lot more time and effort into the craft than I have so far.
Bella, you are a stunner, i look forward to meeting you <3

Bella Rockafella said:
Ok... I'm really tired of getting emails every night from someone who has their opinion of what happened. .. Congrats to all the girls who made it to the top 12. I did not personally realize the caliber of women I was competing against as a newcomer to the pin-up scene but the girls who were pivked have put a lot more time and effort into the craft than I have so far. So u go girls and I know that someday I will be there just not right now. As a tattoo artist I had been a participant in the actual convention before and thought it would be fun to join the contest again not realizing my competition. I did however put time and money into my selfpromotion to my avail it was not enough. In good fun I still hope to meet some of u there as I will be tattooing and having a great time. Cause that's what its all about newayz.

I think there are gonna be plenty of amazing ladies at the event, wether they are involved in the pageant or not, it's all about being there and having fun, meeting new people and enjoying the weather :)
I'm sure the 12 girls will do a great job, and those of us who are PL girls will do are best to represent! I can't wait, roll on Ink & Iron 2010!!

xoxo

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service