Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Any tips for a new designer on getting fabric at wholesale prices?

So I've made a few dresses that I am planning on selling on etsy or ebay. My only issue is that buying the fabric at my local fabric stores drives the price up higher and also limits the availability of an item... any tips for a girl just starting out?
I am seriously clueless when it comes to the business side of it!
THanks!
V

Views: 33

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have the same problem! what i do is make samples, and if they sell run as fast as i can and buy alll the fabric, but usually only around 15metres or so. i also use basics like blk stretch with the pattern fabric i limit my use.
I know sometimes clothing manufacturers will sell of the ends for really cheap and large enough qtys (15mtres or more) and this is good because the fabric is in really good condition. try to findout about the manufacturers in your area and approch them or phone them...surprisingly they really support young designers and also good for them because they can get rid of there stock
good luck
Harmony
Thanks!! That's a good idea.. i'm going to try that. I also spoke to the head of the fashion design dept at a local college to see if she can steer me somewhere too!
Thanks!

Harmony Walker said:
I have the same problem! what i do is make samples, and if they sell run as fast as i can and buy alll the fabric, but usually only around 15metres or so. i also use basics like blk stretch with the pattern fabric i limit my use.
I know sometimes clothing manufacturers will sell of the ends for really cheap and large enough qtys (15mtres or more) and this is good because the fabric is in really good condition. try to findout about the manufacturers in your area and approch them or phone them...surprisingly they really support young designers and also good for them because they can get rid of there stock
good luck
Harmony
Great thread! But in the wrong place, moving to The Dressing Room!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service