Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I just booked a session with Mitzi and Co, to be a pinup for a day. I've never done pinup work before so I'm a tad nervous. Would any of you be so kind as to offer some tips for me?
I'm just a stay at home mom, so I have no idea what to expect or do to prepare, other than the list that Mitzi sent me.

Thank you in advance for your wonderful insight!!

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

For any new model I'd say study up on the poses.... ( do research on the web) ....Practice in a mirror and also practice the facial expressions( it's what really sells the photo). In Pin-up photography it really helps the feel when you do over the top expressions. Just try and relax and let loose with the posing.... good luck !!!
Like Flat Black Photo said, study pics you see on the net that you like and take mental notes. Plus, you will want to figure out what style your going for, Cheesecake, Modern Pin Up, Classic Fetishy Stuff like Betty P did. I still refer to an album I've saved on my computer with pictures of inspiration in case I can't come up with a concept. Good luck darling, you will do great (and don't forget your red lipstick! lol)
Oh, you're going to have so much fun! In addition to the very good advice from Flat Black and Seanna, I'd like to remind gals that they do not look their best after a night of drinking or on limited sleep. Unless "heroin chic" is the look you're going for, in which case have at it! :)
WHOW.... mitzi rules!!!!

study study study...
i'd say, mostly be perpard to make alot of different types and kinds of facal gestures!
thats the hard part think of it this way:
POSE (your body), facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, move your body a little, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, change the body pose, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click, facal gesture, click,

get it? so study.. and we can't wait to see the photos!!!!
xoxo Soda Shop Sue
Good luck Gurl........Mitzi did my Photo's and Her and Rockwell Kick MAJOR ARSE!
cant wait to see the finished result darling HAVE FUN!
I have worked with her before....you're gonna have a great experience I can promise you that. She's hella cool, super professional but laid back, great personality. I agree with what other said about studying the poses of some Vargas girls and whatnot. She will give you direction when you are shooting too. I shot with her last year at Viva Las Vegas, outside at the car show....it was my first time shooting somewhere outside of a studio, and she helped me so much. I'd get into a pose then she and her assistant would adjust me as needed "turn your head a little to the left, put your hand here in stead of there....."
So as long as you have the poses down they will help adjust you to look your best in the photos. Just relax and have fun, that is the most important. If you are nervous and not having a good time it will show through in your photos.
Wink Holliday said:
Oh, you're going to have so much fun! In addition to the very good advice from Flat Black and Seanna, I'd like to remind gals that they do not look their best after a night of drinking or on limited sleep. Unless "heroin chic" is the look you're going for, in which case have at it! :)

Ha ha!! Noooo...I am a mother of seven. Heavy drinking and partying are no longer in the cards for me! I was planning on a cup of tea and an early bed time, the night before. :)
Thank you so much, everyone!! I'm so loving the helpful anf friendly vibe of everyone here. You all rock!

xoxo~ Kadi

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service