Advertise on PinupLifestyle

I will turn 24 soon...am I too young for pin up modeling? should I wait until my 30's? I'm not sure I want to do this. I love how pin up photography looks and I'm sure it would be fun to do but I'm afraid I'm a bit too young to do it. I don't want to do anything racy, just something exotique...I've found one photographer who wanted to hire me so far but it did not work out...

Views: 506

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Is this a serious question. The original pin ups were girl friend of soliders. 18-19 years old. next came the Female movie stars. My 1st pin up shoot was when I was 8 years old. My cousin started posing on the front porch. That was too young. They took the camera away.

Go girl you in your prime

P.S. My cousin was 9.

I'm 18, about to graduate high school and saving for my first pinup photo shoot. I'd say no, you're not too young.(: Part of pinup (or how I interpret it) is that balance between youthful beauty and sex appeal, embrace your youth c: Find a photographer you are comfortable with and who knows your limits and you should be good.

24 is certainly not too young! I'm not sure who told you that, but trust me, they were WRONG. You are at the perfect age to start. 

I'm 28 and barely starting out, I WISH I had started when I was way younger. So no, you are not too young at all.

No it wasn't a joke thread, I actually wasn't sure, a lot of the models here seem sort of older than me

I think the key point here is where you say 'I'm not sure I want to do this'. If you don't feel right in doing it, don't! Only do what you feel comfortable with, Pin-up is about fun and you're not going to have that doing things you don't want to. Explain to photographers what you are willing to do or maybe do a few shoots just for you to build a portfolio to show how good you are at the level you want to be at. Hope this made sense and helped :)

Being a pinup model isn't about age, it's about your looks and your attitude. If you have a look that fits the pinup archetype, an attitude that makes people want to see more of you, and a special something that sets you apart from everyone else, you can be a successful pin up model.

The models you see that are older than you (Bernie Dexter, Dita, Dayna Deluxe) have been doing it a LONG time. Bernie started when she was in her early 20's.

To be honest I don't think I have the looks or the attitude, I'm too "nice"...I just want to try it...I want to see what it's like...

I think the only "attitude" you need is confidence. Pinup doesn't have to be super sexual or a super specific look.

Pin ups can be any age! I recently saw a post on Tumblr of original pin up gals from the 40s and 50s recreating their famous poses today and still looking amazing!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service