Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Is there any way for me to post a bulletin or send an email to all members of a group that I belong to? Specifically, if I want to pass on word of a sale at an online shoe store, I don't want to make it a new discussion, because it will expire. But I don't want to message All Friends, and leave anyone out or bother people who don't care!

Views: 20

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want that feature too!!
Actually that is a marketing package that we have not put into effect yet. You bring up a great feature of groups and like the way you think. Only Admins can send out those messages, lets discuss tonight and see if we can do a test run k? On the flipside, we used to have a comment wall in there, the problem was that it was redundant, giving you the same use as a forum and people were using it as such. Since those were shut down the forums have been buzzing as they should!
I can see how unregulated All Group email might make me regret the request. But a public bulletin board for temporary items only could be cool! Kind of like the bulletins at, ahem, MySpace... you only see the most recent 10 easily, and you have to dig for older stuff.

Daddy Cool said:
Actually that is a marketing package that we have not put into effect yet. You bring up a great feature of groups and like the way you think. Only Admins can send out those messages, lets discuss tonight and see if we can do a test run k? On the flipside, we used to have a comment wall in there, the problem was that it was redundant, giving you the same use as a forum and people were using it as such. Since those were shut down the forums have been buzzing as they should!
In theory that sounds great, but with 200 users it was out of control, there were entire conversations there, people getting lost etc, not worth the policing time to keep it on topic. Imagine now! If one person posts a hot pair of shoes, 50 girls post OMG! ! ! And there goes the post and the bulletin board. In turn the forum suffers also due to content being divided up.

Advertisers MAY get the option at some point to gain the ability to send PL Exclusive deals to the groups. Joining groups is important! However I've started filtering the group members also. No need for random guys to join the modern pinups group. there is nothing there to see and they are far from modern pinups.

The very best place to post specials like that would be in the dressing room or appropriate area of the forum. However if the person posting IS the vendor...it needs to be in the marketplace.
What about being able to send emails or bulletins to friends on your friends list? And not the whooooole community?
Disabled. Way too many complaints about people getting GOOD MORNING EVERYONE ! emails and OH MY BEARD IS NOW LONGER JUST THOUGHT YOU SHOULD KNOW.

Not cool. Regulation of a community has to be black/white when you get into the higher numbers, features become abused and we need to place ourselves in a solid spot to prepare for the growth. On the technical side, the mail servers don't like handling 100's of emails at a time either ;) PL is for networking and getting to know people, not twittering =)

NolaChick said:
What about being able to send emails or bulletins to friends on your friends list? And not the whooooole community?
Post-Modern Pinups? Who are we to judge ;)

Daddy Cool said:
However I've started filtering the group members also. No need for random guys to join the modern pinups group. there is nothing there to see and they are far from modern pinups.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service