Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Was anyone else at the Powder Group's Makeup Show at the New York Metropolitan Pavilion this year???

You should really try to get to one of their events in NYC or Miami, they are unbelievable, it's professionals only so you have to be a makeup student or makeup artist to get in [the proof being a school ID or business card].

Imagine the BIGGEST flea market you have EVER seen, only every booth is some major makeup brand, from MAC to Crown Brushes to Too Faced to prosthetics and movie makeup and false hair, Anastasia Brows, Stila, Lancome etc etc etc.

Each corner of the massive warehouse has a demonstration every 45 minutes with huge industry names, like MAC's fall preview and 10 minute prosthetic wounds. Everyone who is anyone in the makeup industry has a seminar there.

I got an ENTIRE Anastasia Brows kit [16 colors, a dual-sized brush, brow wax, concealer, brow gels] for less than one hundred dollars. Overall, I got saved myself around 400 dollars on shoot makeup by going here.

It's a really good opportunity for makeup artists trying to complete makeup kits or get a nice set of brushes for a good price or to just talk and meet with these amazing professionals. Just the Proctor and Gamble gift bags ALONE contained 6 different shades of Covergirl foundation.

www.thepowdergroup.com ...see you next year maybe!!

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just recieved my certification not that long ago so I'm still trying to get find out where all the great makeup shows and vendor gigs are. Thanks for the heads up. How often do they run this show?? Is it an annual thing and where can I register to go?? any more info you could give me would be GREAT!! Thanks a bunch.

God Bless
GREAT post Bea! Please keep the forum up to date on events such as this!
It's a two 3-day events annually....one in miami and one in new york city. you can get a one day pass or go the whole weekend, either way it is TOTALLY worth it!! they just had one in may so I'm assuming the next one will be in the spring, but it was SUCH a success and SUCH a bash that I wouldn't be suprised if they became more frequent!! Check out the website www.thepowdergroup.com

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service