Advertise on PinupLifestyle
SO, I absolutely love the pin up culture but I am having trouble getting in to it. I find a lot of people are not very understanding (The red lip stick, low cut shirts, and flowers in our hair) and just write it off as me/us looking slutty or like I should be working the streets. Does anyone have any advice for me? Maybe I am just having trouble committing? Should I do my hair/make-up/style differently so people will GET it?
Thanks, loves!!

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

ROCK IT! Listen to everyone else on here and don't let others bring you down.. The people in your town dont understand it because they're in a small town.. From my experience, (I came from the surrounding farmlands of a town of 1,200), people just don't understand anything outside of their own comfort zone. Anything beyond stick straight brown hair, jeans and T shirts was blasphemy.. because THEY wouldn't feel comfortable doing it. If you're comfortable, and you look like you are, then go out with confidence! Eventually people will just leave you alone.. after everyone knew my as "the girl with the pink hair that works at the convenient" I didnt get much more than a stare or two.. and when I moved to Chicago from that tiny little town, I already had my look, and confidence.. Thanks to those closed-minded corn folk i grew up around!!
Pinup is the complete opposite of slutty, it's about embracing and re-creating the coy sexual attitude of the earlier half of the last century. People who don't get it...don't matter. It's not about them, it's about feeling pretty and having fun.
Are their Car Shows in your area? Photographers? I'm sure there are other closet Rockabilly or Pin Ups out there who aren't sure if there are others out there. And even if you don't find any, who cares? Just cause you dress and look hot probably makes people jealous. Be yourself. XOXO
When I go in "public" dressed up in my pin-up attire or makeup, I get tons of attention. It is because you look different than everyone else. It is good to be different than everyone. It makes you look confident and some people can't handle that. I get the most amazing compliments from women especially when I am in pin-up attire. Those are the women who are secure of themselves. Everyone else is just jealous and they don't have anything better to think about or do with themselves than be bitchy.

Cassie Wanda said:
Are their Car Shows in your area? Photographers? I'm sure there are other closet Rockabilly or Pin Ups out there who aren't sure if there are others out there. And even if you don't find any, who cares? Just cause you dress and look hot probably makes people jealous. Be yourself. XOXO

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service