Advertise on PinupLifestyle
GLOVES? Its so feminine and classy. I wish i could convince everyone to start wearing gloves again, not to mention they're great for keeping nasty uv rays off our hands. It might be a little hard to get used to, but i think I'm going to start wearing them!!

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I totally own a pair of vintage gloves that I rock whenever I can.
Glove movement!!! I love it! This is seriously something that needs to happen.

Though honestly, my jobs (both of them) don't much allow for fancy dress and nice vintage gloves would stand out starkly from my jeans/t-shirt/leather jacket work garb... guess I'll have to lean more towards gloves like THESE for daily use, and save the nice ones for the (rare) days off

Strays a bit from the idea of being vintage and bringing back the ladylike proper-ness of gloves, but... what can ya do
i love gloves, i have always loved wearing them. In high school we had to wear uniforms, so my Sr year i rocked a black pencil skirt, tight white button down peeptoe heels and a pair of black gloves for the 1st day of school, i turned alot of heads that day, I'm thinking about making more gloves to wear more often
I know rite!! I my self love them and have a pair in every color of the rainbow people think im crazy for wearing them in the summer or when its warm but i dont care they look cute haha
The reason gloves fell out of favor so quickly is because of their hassle.

They must be washed constantly, dried and pressed. Women had drawers full of gloves because they would always rip, become stained or just wear out.

And gloves were always being mislaid and lost. Resturants used to have boxes full of unclaimed gloves.

Finally, you can't just roll gloves into a small ball and shove them into your pockets. You have to either hold them in your hands or put them into a purse. So you only had use of one hand.
Well, it's really too bad that the hippy's and Beats decided they were too much work, and the rest of the generations followed. I personally love them, and will continue to wear them, even though they are a little bit more work. Well worth it for how nice they look!

richardwangphotography said:
The reason gloves fell out of favor so quickly is because of their hassle.

They must be washed constantly, dried and pressed. Women had drawers full of gloves because they would always rip, become stained or just wear out.

And gloves were always being mislaid and lost. Resturants used to have boxes full of unclaimed gloves.

Finally, you can't just roll gloves into a small ball and shove them into your pockets. You have to either hold them in your hands or put them into a purse. So you only had use of one hand.
I love the classically beautiful look of gloves, but with all the greasy, horrible food of our era, they aren't usually sensible.

Tattooed Doll's Custom Jewelry said:
I love the classically beautiful look of gloves, but with all the greasy, horrible food of our era, they aren't usually sensible.

Etiquette dictates that you remove your gloves off anytime the hands get close to the mouth. Glove off when you eat, drink, smoke, apply make up etc.

Unlike men, women do not remove their gloves when shaking hands. Though towards the middle of the 20th Century, women generally removed at least their right glove anytime they entered a building.
Nice collection!

Wink Holliday said:
I have a pair for (almost) every occasion, and yet I never do seem to get into the habit of wearing them. On Mad Men, Betty is seen in gloves more often than Joan, but most of Joan's scenes are interior shots whereas Betty is often coming or going. Our beloved Joanie definitely wears gloves to the office, though, as we occasionally get to see her remove them upon entering. Hot stuff!

Believe it or not, I'm missing at least two pairs!

Dressed for work today in a vintage dress, with vintage slip and vintage handbag. (Sorry, Rich, I'm forgoing stockings today. I'm already the most formally-dressed person in the office, and I'm only a contractor). I may as well wear a pair of gloves! Now let's see, which pair...
Not wearing stockings makes you a loose woman wink

And how about that girdle, lady?

Shocking!

Wink Holliday said:
Dressed for work today in a vintage dress, with vintage slip and vintage handbag. (Sorry, Rich, I'm forgoing stockings today. I'm already the most formally-dressed person in the office, and I'm only a contractor). I may as well wear a pair of gloves! Now let's see, which pair...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service