Advertise on PinupLifestyle
GLOVES? Its so feminine and classy. I wish i could convince everyone to start wearing gloves again, not to mention they're great for keeping nasty uv rays off our hands. It might be a little hard to get used to, but i think I'm going to start wearing them!!

Views: 309

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I have a few pairs I never wear. Perhaps I'll take your lead and break them out! And let's get the gentlemen to start wearing hats again. Not just baseball caps, and not indoors, of course. A fella in a fedora looks fiiiine.
You should! :)
I've been wanting a pair of the half gloves like these
Photobucket

They are sold out right now and I haven't surfed the web to see if I can get them anywhere else. I actually do wear gloves quite a bit. I just bought some really neat ones I've worn in a photo shoot (pics of it in my albums) and I plan on wearing gloves all winter long! I like fingerless gloves, and if they don't come fingerless I cut the tips off. I just like to be able to function but still keep my hands warm cause it gets cold here in NC!!
I almost bought an amazing hat today! ! ! I am very tempted to go back and get it, the store was closing, i found the right size but they were locking up and i just felt pressured to leave. It was purrrfect, a proper hat with a bit of a latin cubano flair to it. F****** perfect.

Wink Holliday said:
I have a few pairs I never wear. Perhaps I'll take your lead and break them out! And let's get the gentlemen to start wearing hats again. Not just baseball caps, and not indoors, of course. A fella in a fedora looks fiiiine.
i fully agree!! i was just watching "gentleman prefer blondes" and i was noticing all the men wore hats. and most of the women. just amazing! very proper.

Wink Holliday said:
23 skidoo-- downtown campbell. its a little vintage and vintage repro store. she carries a ton of mens hats!! and she's the exclusive seller of t.u.k. in this area. i heart heart heart t.u.k.!! and she'll take special orders.

Daddy Cool said:
I almost bought an amazing hat today! ! ! I am very tempted to go back and get it, the store was closing, i found the right size but they were locking up and i just felt pressured to leave. It was purrrfect, a proper hat with a bit of a latin cubano flair to it. F****** perfect.

Wink Holliday said:
Another great place to buy hats for men is Park Place on Lincoln in San Jose. She also has a huge assortment of gloves, and Linda, the owner custom makes vintage repro dresses with vintage fabric she buys by the bolt. I scored an early 60s silk top, sleevless, that had a matching handbag for only $25 at Park Place on Saturday.

Mrs. VonScollon said:
23 skidoo-- downtown campbell. its a little vintage and vintage repro store. she carries a ton of mens hats!! and she's the exclusive seller of t.u.k. in this area. i heart heart heart t.u.k.!! and she'll take special orders.

Daddy Cool said:

Wink Holliday said:
Here in Denver, we have a few vintage stores (I'm a big fan of Boss Vintage; if you go to VLV or attended the Rave a couple of weeks ago, you know them) and custom zoot suits (Suavecitos.... oooh, I should invite them here!) but we have NOTHING compared to what you Cali kids have. This Park Place joint sounds divine! Do they have a Web site?

Kim Bombshell said:
Another great place to buy hats for men is Park Place on Lincoln in San Jose. She also has a huge assortment of gloves, and Linda, the owner custom makes vintage repro dresses with vintage fabric she buys by the bolt. I scored an early 60s silk top, sleevless, that had a matching handbag for only $25 at Park Place on Saturday.
I loved Boss Vintage! She had the dress measurements on the price tags and all the dresses were priced between 30-65 dollars! Great stuff, but the one dress I really liked, my hips were about an inch to big and it didn't lay right over my rear. Even with a girdle.

Park Place doesn't have a website as of yet, although I think she is working on it. I will go in there this week and see what the status is on that.

Wink Holliday said:
Here in Denver, we have a few vintage stores (I'm a big fan of Boss Vintage; if you go to VLV or attended the Rave a couple of weeks ago, you know them) and custom zoot suits (Suavecitos.... oooh, I should invite them here!) but we have NOTHING compared to what you Cali kids have. This Park Place joint sounds divine! Do they have a Web site?

Kim Bombshell said:
Oh, I like those! I was picturing my prim-and-proper little white gloves, or my less-proper ruched gloves, but these half-gloves are a nice departure!

Note: It is KILLING me that I lost one of my grandmother's kidskin gloves. I have the other still, and I never took them out of the house, but it's been "missing" for years. I'm starting to give up hope.

Seanna Miriah said:
You should! :)
I've been wanting a pair of the half gloves like these
Photobucket

They are sold out right now and I haven't surfed the web to see if I can get them anywhere else. I actually do wear gloves quite a bit. I just bought some really neat ones I've worn in a photo shoot (pics of it in my albums) and I plan on wearing gloves all winter long! I like fingerless gloves, and if they don't come fingerless I cut the tips off. I just like to be able to function but still keep my hands warm cause it gets cold here in NC!!
i wear gloves!!!
1.) i dont have to touch public door knobs,
2.) the more vintage the smaller your fingers look
3.) it refine's a vintage style!!!!

xoxo soda shop sue
:)
You cutie!

Lolitadoll said:
I love gloves too...im only learning to drive so that i can wear driving gloves, like a proper lady ahah!xx
I just found 2 pairs of vintage gloves on the flea market = me happy!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service