Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hello! I'd like a stage name for my pinup modeling...
I was wondering how some of you got yours and how i may find one that flows and suits me well. My name is Maria :)

Thank you girls!

Views: 6844

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unless your name is difficult to spell/pronounce/remember, there's nothing that says you have to change it. Wink really is my name. But, if you're not so lucky, or comfortable...

Make sure it's meaningful to you. Once you pick one, you're going to have it for a long time. Do you have a classic car? Guess what Kim Falcon drives. Yep, there you go. Maybe a grandmother's name or maiden name. Any hobbies that you could steal from? Favorite toys as a kid? I joke that my hair is just like the old ’70s Tiffany Taylor dolls, but... well, let's just say that name's in use. Ahem. Flip through some vintage magazines and get a feel for the rhythm of the names. Maybe you love a certain classic film star, or a character name from some noir feature. Mix-and-match. Play with it for a while, and don't feel pressure! It will come to you when it's right, and it will FEEL right when it does.

Note: The best way to check for "taken" names is to run a Google search. Type in the name, preferably in quotes, and see how many hits you get (and what the context is. Wink is a verb and a noun, so it shows up in unexpected places!)
mine is: SODA SHOP SUE
my real name is Karly Sue...
i knew i wanted to start in the PINUP Game, about 4 years ago...
so my boyfriend and i sat down and did a big brain storm.... (i still have the list of names) cause i knew i didnt want to model thru my real name...
think of things that suit you, or rhyme sexy and well with a bit of your real name, you may even not do a name even close to your real name....
BUT WRITE THEM DOWN!!!!!! so you can remeber your good ideas!
so, i'm really into vintage goodies, but my all time favorite vintage thing is ViNATGE ORANGE CRUSH.. i love OLD soda....
so on my list there are different soda names but SODA SHOP SUE stuck, and i have used it ever since... i think you should ALWAYS use your pinup name online, i dont do online without it!
hope this helps!!!
xoxo Soda Shop Sue
Make sure your SURE you want it. It's so confusing when some girls change their name. And to be honest, they always tend to go BACK to their birth name. So good luck! And If you want something cute, I'd go from Maria. IE Maria Maraschino, Maria Mulholland, I dunno I keep going to MM initials. But good luck! You are SO adorable!
I got my name from taking one of my favorite pin-ups (Betty Grable) and my hair color - Betty Red. The google search is a good idea, that way you can see what other girls are going by and get some ideas for your own name. Think of everything you like - foods (Like maraschino cherries...Maria Maraschino) cartoons, colors...be creative, it will come to you!

xoxo!
I recently chose Bunni M as my name b/c I absolutely love bunnies and have always had a pet bunny. My name is Mandi and ends with an "i" so I put an "i" on Bunny. And M is for Mandi. It's really really hard for me to see if a name is taken or not. After you choose a name, google it.
I take my name from a wonderful movie staring amy adams! her charachter in the movie is so cute and lovely, a bit dingy but arent we all at times? haa. So pairing it with LaBelle makes my name mean beautiful delight! how sweet is that! Choose a name that you want to stick and that makes you feel fabulous. Think of your inspirations and spice it up!
The name Dottie was a nickname given to me when I was in high school because I LOVE polka dots. The Darling was something I attached to it because it sounds cute and it's kind of a thing with my friend and me [long story]. I've been thinking of changing Darling but I'm iffy about changing it.

You could use your real name and add something cute and attention getting to it but if you don't want to use your real name try a nickname you already have [if any], or mix and match different names you like.
My stage name is Ellie Retrophilia, my real name is Danielle Smith. Kind of blah last name. Anyway Ellie is my nickname and a shortened version of Danielle (elle with an ie). Retrophilia was a word I found one night online after a long and extensive search for words to describe my artwork and love for vintage and old things. I found Retrophilia on wikipedia...underneath it it said "a love for all things retro". It has just enough scandal in it "philia" to capture attention and it means absolutely what I have. I wanted a completely unique and original name. I googled retrophilia and found a shop called Retrophilia that is in Missouri. But that was all I found. I'm sure it will come up with more results now.
Retrophilia is such a fun word :)

Ellie Retrophilia said:
My stage name is Ellie Retrophilia, my real name is Danielle Smith. Kind of blah last name. Anyway Ellie is my nickname and a shortened version of Danielle (elle with an ie). Retrophilia was a word I found one night online after a long and extensive search for words to describe my artwork and love for vintage and old things. I found Retrophilia on wikipedia...underneath it it said "a love for all things retro". It has just enough scandal in it "philia" to capture attention and it means absolutely what I have. I wanted a completely unique and original name. I googled retrophilia and found a shop called Retrophilia that is in Missouri. But that was all I found. I'm sure it will come up with more results now.
Little devil.. .ahh!

BeBe La Diabla said:
I've only done a few photoshoots, but I use BeBe L'Amour or BeBe La Diabla.
BeBe is actually a nickname I've had all my life (stemming from my name, Benita)
L'Amour deriving from the French word "Amour" = LOVE or TO BE IN LOVE WITH

and the La Diabla comes from my family....was called "Little Devil" when I was a youngster...
This is a good topic! I had always wondered how people came up with their pin up names and aliases.. I've never been good at that stuff.. This is kind of inspiring :)

<3 <3
Well my real name is beatriz but betty is short for that and well my former boyfriend called me Bonbon so when I decided I wanted to become a pin-up modle I just put the two together. It really is up to you. your name has to be personal and meaningful. I hope I helped!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service