Advertise on PinupLifestyle
So... I haven't personally had this problem, but I've heard that it can be an issue...

Have you ever been denied a shoot because of your tattoos? If so, what was the reasoning?

I love pin up because our tattoos are not only accepted, but encouraged!!!

I'm just wondering if anyone has had any trouble and how you dealt with it...

XOXO

Views: 34

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

never had this problem myself because i've always done "alternative" work where there isn't an issue with tattoos.

if i was denied a shoot because of them i would completely understand, being a photographer as well i know how important it is to find the right look in your model, and sometimes a lot of editing and post production stuff is just not practical.
sometimes they photo shop them off, but i havent had that in years.

be happy they are accepted. cause years ago they werent and that was really hard.
everyone had something the say about them , im happy things have changed for women with lots of tattoos. :) its not like they wash off

xoxo good luck to you :)
I've been rejected for NOT having any tattoos! heehee ;)
But I've also been in shoots in which models with tattoos were rejected, so I guess it's all depending on what kind of photography it is.
I've not been rejected either but that would be awfully weird. I can understand it sometimes though. I once wanted to respond to a body painting casting until I realized they would have to skip over both of my arms and my whole chest. Kinda hard to work around tattoos sometimes depending on the idea of the shoot. No loss on my part, I've got photographers!

Although, for the fellow tattooed models...this may fire you up.
I've read a few aggro forum topics on Model Mayhem of some high-esteem models who think they are so fabulous they don't want to be associated with people who have tattoos in the model industry. One I read in particular was a model who was saying:
"tattoos are simply disgusting, I don't consider models who have any tattoos, real models. If they can't be on the cover of Vogue then they aren't really models they are just girls in photographs."

Can't say it didn't sting a little when I first read it. Then I got MAD!!!!
I read a bunch of responses from other models and photographers and they said enough in defense to where I didn't even bother responding. Plus, I felt it unnecessary to even get involved in that drama. Especially, when someone is being that gung-ho about it. It's doubtful I could ever change their mind and honestly I don't care to. I've got a place where they can shove their Vogue magazine. :)
(Stupid model-diva syndrome!) Phew*
I've heard thats it's a good idea to only tattoo one side or arm, so you have two looks to works with, but I think if a photographer cant accept you with your tattoos, then he really is the right person to be working with, because he wont really be showing the real you in the photo...There are alot of PinUp photographers who love to shoot women with tattoos. I personally love the way they show up on either color, or B&W shots because they accentuate all the other colors in the picture and just make it more interesting to look at.
I agree. If someone doesn't like what I've chosen to do with my body then they can move on to someone that fits their criteria. I won't take it personally either. I'm proud of the artwork I have on me. If someone wants to get a body suit of tattoos and pursue modeling then they should do it. I believe that anyone should be able to do what they want to their bodies without worrying if someone else will accept it or not. Personally, photography speaks to me when it is unusual and out of the norm anyway. :)

Pippi said:
I've heard thats it's a good idea to only tattoo one side or arm, so you have two looks to works with, but I think if a photographer cant accept you with your tattoos, then he really is the right person to be working with, because he wont really be showing the real you in the photo...There are alot of PinUp photographers who love to shoot women with tattoos. I personally love the way they show up on either color, or B&W shots because they accentuate all the other colors in the picture and just make it more interesting to look at.
I haven't come to that problem yet. I always let the photographer know that I have a LOT of tattoos and if he prefers to photoshop them then that is perfectly alright with me. If someone is willing to let tattoos limit their creativity then they're not really a true artist because tattoos can ALWAYS Be photoshopped. Unless they're not letting you model because they don't know how to use photoshop, then that's a different story. :)
Mine are pretty easy to cover (at this point) And have never lost work because of them. I've been told I'd look better with more, and actually turned down for a show because I didn't have enough. haha
Models should be good enough to not let their tattoos overpower them.

If the photographer is good, chances are they're competent enough to use photo shop and edit them out if need be ;)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service