Advertise on PinupLifestyle

So I want to have a old fashion wedding my colors are black and white with Red roses however i can't decide on what year im in between 1940's or 1950's i like the 40's and 50's so what im asking for is some advice and also places of where i can buy a nice wedding gown but it has to be vintage something that goes with the year any ideas pls help ... Thanks:)

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I dig the 40's. It's classic and romantic.

well thank you very much i think so tooo xoxoxo
My friend just had a vintage wedding and all the girls wore vintage dresses and seamed stockings. The pictures are AMAZING. All the men were in their Marines uniforms.
whirling turban, for the dress. they are a member here, and make fab retro wedding dress's!
Same here
NolaChick said:
I dig the 40's. It's classic and romantic.
Morgana Rose said:
whirling turban, for the dress. they are a member here, and make fab retro wedding dress's!

Golly ***THANK YOU*** Morgana Rose! That's so sweet of you to say. Since vintage dresses are *my life*, I love talking about them and am not "just here to sell". I LOVE talking about wedding dresses. What an amazing little fetishistic art form /pop art form they are for our culture.
BTW, one reason I have found that gals don't get actual vintage wedding gowns to wear (I wore my mom's 1940's gown BTW) -besides the fact that they usually don't fit modern gals unless you are the size of Lucky Miss Bernie Dexter- is that they are more covered-up than gals want to be nowadays. Wedding gowns of the period needed to be "chaste" and "churchy". Gals who want real vintage dresses to wear as a wedding dress have a lot more luck buying genuine vintage "party dresses" which occasionally came in white. I have seen a few fabulous "cotillion" type (real) vintage dresses from England that would have made INCREDIBLE wedding dresses. But you have to have a lot of shopping time to find the right one so you can;t be in a hurry!
Very very true, Its not just wedding gowns but all vintage clothing that a lot of women, like me don't wear now days because they are for very petite women on most places I have tried to find them.
The vintage dresses are absolutely gorgeous though. On your site I saw one that was the poufy tea length dress in leopard with wine colored contrast, and I was in awe! Very gorgeous.
Monica I definetely think you should go there to get your dress.. just check out the pictures that are already up there.. my goodness they are gorgeous.

Whirlingturban said:
BTW, one reason I have found that gals don't get actual vintage wedding gowns to wear (I wore my mom's 1940's gown BTW) -besides the fact that they usually don't fit modern gals unless you are the size of Lucky Miss Bernie Dexter- is that they are more covered-up than gals want to be nowadays. Wedding gowns of the period needed to be "chaste" and "churchy". Gals who want real vintage dresses to wear as a wedding dress have a lot more luck buying genuine vintage "party dresses" which occasionally came in white. I have seen a few fabulous "cotillion" type (real) vintage dresses from England that would have made INCREDIBLE wedding dresses. But you have to have a lot of shopping time to find the right one so you can;t be in a hurry!
I went to a friend's wedding a few months ago and it wasn't exactly a vintage themed wedding, but she did wear a 40's style dress and my girl did her hair up for her. She looked absolutely amazing! So much more style than wedding gowns of today I think. 40's style wedding = badass.

I took a photo of this in the What Katie Did boutique in London. I think it looks lovely, but it's not a dress. Great to get married in though!
Katherine!!! You are here!!! I've been talking you up in the "Dressing room" forum and posted a picture of me in the Pink and gold dress you made me! We should start a thread with people posting pics of themselves in your dresses.

I will get some pics of Rachelle's wedding to post here.

xoxoKim

Whirlingturban said:
Morgana Rose said:

Golly ***THANK YOU*** Morgana Rose! That's so sweet of you to say. Since vintage dresses are *my life*, I love talking about them and am not "just here to sell". I LOVE talking about wedding dresses. What an amazing little fetishistic art form /pop art form they are for our culture.
I know what dress you area talking about, it's my favorite on the website too. I'm hoping to get my wedding dress from their when I get married sometime next year.
Amanda said:
Very very true, Its not just wedding gowns but all vintage clothing that a lot of women, like me don't wear now days because they are for very petite women on most places I have tried to find them.
The vintage dresses are absolutely gorgeous though. On your site I saw one that was the poufy tea length dress in leopard with wine colored contrast, and I was in awe! Very gorgeous.
Monica I definetely think you should go there to get your dress.. just check out the pictures that are already up there.. my goodness they are gorgeous.

Whirlingturban said:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service