Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Well the answer is, "FREAKING SHAVE!!!!" and do it well. Especially before a photoshoot. I hate no, I lode editing arm pits. Its my pet peeve. Something so simple but its not done. Ladies why can you just take of the obvious things. I know my job as a photographer is to take care of my essentials when going on shoots. So i carry my safety gear in my car. Deodorant, Cologne, gum, and shirt. Ok so here'd the topic for discussion, What do you think of this? Whats your pet peeve? Models and Photogs what experiences have you had? This one should be fun.

Views: 96

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

jane said:
Don't conform! Girls shouldn't have to conform and feel pressured to shave their under arm pits. However if their job duties call for shaved underarm pits they should be willing to accept this. As Rob Niell said earlier photographers are paid to do the editing & if you're a good photographer you'll know how to edit those hairy pits in a minute. Personally i shave my under arms everyday.
-jane.
You conform every day where it's appropriate. Talking low in a nice restaurant, following even the loosest of dress codes for 9-5 jobs, turning your phone off in a theater.
It's not a question of conformity, it's consideration, if you don't wish to use the term 'professionalism.' No-one cares what a model chooses to look like off-camera, off-clock, off-job.

A model that does not want to shave for a shoot that requires it should not accept that job.

A model's job is to fit the specifics required by him or her for said shoot as they advertise themselves, and confirmed with accepting said job.

A photographer's job is to get the best image possible for said job on camera, and tweak it later, if necessary.

The photographer's job may include touching up unforeseen circumstances, but not to add to himself extra hours of unnecessary work, because a inconsiderate model and a (usual) deadline collided with no fault of his own. An accident and a lack of professionalism are two different things.
Well said Jian! I agree 100%
Yeah and waxing lasts longer and is smoother....armpit waxing does hurt a lil bit though!!!
But it gets rid of the dark shadows left behind if you just shaved.

Wonderboy Photography said:
Very smart but they have creams that prevent razor burn

UltimateFetish said:
I wax... I'm not about to mess with razor burn.
Very well put!

Jian Bastille said:
jane said:
Don't conform! Girls shouldn't have to conform and feel pressured to shave their under arm pits. However if their job duties call for shaved underarm pits they should be willing to accept this. As Rob Niell said earlier photographers are paid to do the editing & if you're a good photographer you'll know how to edit those hairy pits in a minute. Personally i shave my under arms everyday.
-jane.
You conform every day where it's appropriate. Talking low in a nice restaurant, following even the loosest of dress codes for 9-5 jobs, turning your phone off in a theater.
It's not a question of conformity, it's consideration, if you don't wish to use the term 'professionalism.' No-one cares what a model chooses to look like off-camera, off-clock, off-job.

A model that does not want to shave for a shoot that requires it should not accept that job.

A model's job is to fit the specifics required by him or her for said shoot as they advertise themselves, and confirmed with accepting said job.

A photographer's job is to get the best image possible for said job on camera, and tweak it later, if necessary.

The photographer's job may include touching up unforeseen circumstances, but not to add to himself extra hours of unnecessary work, because a inconsiderate model and a (usual) deadline collided with no fault of his own. An accident and a lack of professionalism are two different things.
OK so we were all very opinionated about this subject i have a feeling most of us photographers have been thru this one time or another. So models be considerate and get all that funk out of your system before shooting. And photographers, chew some gum and take a shower before getting close to any model. im sure they dont wanna smell are funky a****.

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service