Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I get stopped at least three times a week for someone to ask me if my tattoos are real. This is crazy. Where is this community of people covered in fake tattoos, causing this unnecessary exchange when I go to the grocery store??

And also, I hate the large quantity of people who feel that their HANDS will enhance the viewing of a tattoo. WHY do you need to stroke my arm when you tell me my tattoo is beautiful....THAT IS AN EYEBALL FUNCTION!! Especially when they are fresh. Doesn't anyone have etiquette??

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Omigosh.. I thought it was only the freaks in my town!! ~... Fortunately, I dont get much of the touching & grabbing!! .. But people constantly ask me if they are real!!! (wtf?!) .. I always respond with a smile & say, "Nope! I wake up early every morning to put them on!" .. Another thing I get a lot is, "What did your parents say when they saw them?.." WHAT FREAKIN' BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS?!?!!! .. That one drives me crazy! I always say, "Im a grown woman, so my parents have no say in what I do!".. One man had the nerve to say, "You didn't answer my question.. What did your parents say when they saw them?" I should have kicked him in his knee caps!.. but unfortunately, I was at work. (...damn customer service rules)

I love my tattoos & never will I regret any that ive gotten (or WILL get!) ;) ... I just regret how closed-minded people are! ugh! ;)
xX
What bugs me the most is when total strangers come up to me and ask me what does that tattoo mean? Well, you're a total stranger--why should I tell you about things that are personal and dear to me? It amazes me that because you have tattoos people think they can just invade your personal space and personal life.
OOOOO!!!! yeah!! I get that.. what does it mean.. I just tell people NOTHING. I think they're pretty. thats it! They expect some long drawn out story about your mom, or favorite painting.. i just tell them my tattoos have NO meaning, and I just get them because they're pretty. They leave you alone after that... usually! ;)

Rebel Belle said:
What bugs me the most is when total strangers come up to me and ask me what does that tattoo mean? Well, you're a total stranger--why should I tell you about things that are personal and dear to me? It amazes me that because you have tattoos people think they can just invade your personal space and personal life.
LOL! I'm with you, girl. You wouldn't go to an art gallery and start touching all the work on the wall so why would you think you can touch someone's tattooed skin. I bet the reason why some people don't like tattooed people is because we are always putting out that "Don't touch me" vibe.

All this talk about tattoos is making me excited for my appointment on Friday! Yay, Ink!
cheers to that

Christina Misae said:
That bugs the crap out of me too, but the worst is when some random person comes up behind and just starts touching them without even announcing their presence. It is creepy and stalkerish. People need to learn that this is a hands off zone.
There's something I hadn't thought of. From now on if asked what they mean or why I got them I'm going to say because they're pretty!

PunkGirl_Inc said:
OOOOO!!!! yeah!! I get that.. what does it mean.. I just tell people NOTHING. I think they're pretty. thats it! They expect some long drawn out story about your mom, or favorite painting.. i just tell them my tattoos have NO meaning, and I just get them because they're pretty. They leave you alone after that... usually! ;)

Rebel Belle said:
Dottie Darling said:
There's something I hadn't thought of. From now on if asked what they mean or why I got them I'm going to say because they're pretty!

PunkGirl_Inc said:

Rebel Belle said:

It works.. people HATE it too.. they get so mad that you can't give them an answer.. haha
LOL the tattoo on my chest says mom. So I get the question a lot to about "So what does your mother think of that?"
Then it really stumps them when I tell them that she paid for it as a Christmas present, and got one the same day as well as my brother.

Mz. SassyTrash said:
Omigosh.. I thought it was only the freaks in my town!! ~... Fortunately, I dont get much of the touching & grabbing!! .. But people constantly ask me if they are real!!! (wtf?!) .. I always respond with a smile & say, "Nope! I wake up early every morning to put them on!" .. Another thing I get a lot is, "What did your parents say when they saw them?.." WHAT FREAKIN' BUSINESS IS IT OF YOURS?!?!!! .. That one drives me crazy! I always say, "Im a grown woman, so my parents have no say in what I do!".. One man had the nerve to say, "You didn't answer my question.. What did your parents say when they saw them?" I should have kicked him in his knee caps!.. but unfortunately, I was at work. (...damn customer service rules)

I love my tattoos & never will I regret any that ive gotten (or WILL get!) ;) ... I just regret how closed-minded people are! ugh! ;)
xX
Oooh. Ouch. That's like someone slapping your sunburn saying "Oh you got some sun!" Well... duh. Now back off!
But hey, you much have some gorgeous ink if people don't believe it's permanent.
Yes we do! We support each other in all of our ink endeavors!

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
We love tattoos at Pin-ups Hair Design!

Photobucket

OMG! I thought that only happened to me! I cant imagine touching someone that i dont know, especially stroking my skin. Some people are just a little too comfortable. Maybe they assume you don't mind, because they are exposed? IDK?!?

But You are right, this is an eyeball function!
I had this happen for the first time... TWICE in ONE DAY!
Hahahha I thought of you guys.
Halloween, I had just finished a session the night before so I had some shiny stuff hanging out on my back... and I had 2 people ask if it's really real. And both try to touch while I screamed and darted away.
Eeek.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service