Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hey gang.

I decided to stay home tonight. I poured myself a glass of wine, and made some popcorn and watched one of my all time favorite movies, PULP FICTION. I've watched this movie so many times I can recite all the lines. No matter how well I know that movie, I still can not figure out WHATS IN THE BRIEFCASE????? It drives me nuts that I don't know. Like many others this is the only conclusion I've made...

If you notice Marcellus always has a band-aid on the back of his neck where the bible says ones "soul" is extracted. Jules and Vincent go to the apartment and were shot at but didn't die and Jules thought it was "Divine intervention" or an act of God, this leads me to believe that the three men they took the suitcase from were working for the devil. The glowing contents of the briefcase must be Marcellus' soul. I think that perhaps Marcellus made a deal with the devil and sold his soul then changed his mind and wanted it back. This would also explain why he is so rich ( or the simple fact that he is a gangster) To me this makes the most sense and sounds pretty wicked....

But that's just my opinion... what do you think is in the briefcase?

Views: 57

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome Movie.
Was just asking my boyfriend about it since he has watched if a lot more then I have he said:
"If you watch closely, I believe the lock was opened with the combination "666". The character Marcellus Wallace, who the briefcase belonged to, had a band-aid on the back of his head/neck in the movie...which is supposedly where the Devil removes your soul from. So the theory is, it's Wallace's soul in the briefcase. "

Then I went and looked on IMDB and this is what I found about it:
"According to Quentin Tarantino, "It's whatever the viewer wants it to be." Popular viewer opinions are: Marsellus Wallace's soul, the ear from Reservoir Dogs, O.J. Simpson's other glove, Michael Jackson's other glove, the Oscar that Quentin Tarantino hopes to win, Rudolph's nose, Judy Davis' head from Barton Fink, laundered money, stolen diamonds from Reservoir Dogs, heroin, the Holy Grail, gold bullion, a 25 Watt transparent amber light bulb, flashlights... "

Now I want to go watch it lol
Can you believe i have never seen this? I started it and totally lost interest, i guess it was just QTs style I didnt like, but i was younger then people say i NEED to watch it now.
Yes! You do! Its a great movie.

Daddy Cool said:
Can you believe i have never seen this? I started it and totally lost interest, i guess it was just QTs style I didnt like, but i was younger then people say i NEED to watch it now.
Daddy Cool said:

ugh you do. but i totally understand if you got bored at the part with bruce willis... f*** that part of the movie drags.

i love this theory. the first time i heard it i thought it was so incredible. i also like the "the ear from resevoir dogs" theory haha. resevoir dogs was another excellent movie.
Love me some QT!!! Went to Paris last year and couldn't help myself...took a pic of the menu's "La Royale with Cheese" ...then I had to order it. French fries taste better in Paris! lol...
About the briefcase, I always felt it was something spiritual...that's a great connection of the dots!
Yes, I adore this movie. It's one of my all time top movies. Actually you're wrong AND right about this. Quentein Tarantino (sorry I'm a fanatic) said that whats in the briefcase is whatever you want it to be. It could be a shoe, a house... or a soul just like you say!

My other favorite movies are Clockwork Orange, Four Rooms, Reservoir Dogs, Death Proof, Planet Terror, and The Big Lebowski... I could go on forever about my favorite movies.
The Big Lebowski is so awesome! I love White Russians!
UltimateFetish said:
Yes, I adore this movie. It's one of my all time top movies. Actually you're wrong AND right about this. Quentein Tarantino (sorry I'm a fanatic) said that whats in the briefcase is whatever you want it to be. It could be a shoe, a house... or a soul just like you say!

My other favorite movies are Clockwork Orange, Four Rooms, Reservoir Dogs, Death Proof, Planet Terror, and The Big Lebowski... I could go on forever about my favorite movies.
Whats in the breaf case........something with loads of philisophical meaning to it. like everyones worst nightmare or the holly grail or .... somthing significant. but no one will ever know...... great movie!
Such a good movie!! However I had asked my younger brother about what was in the case and he stated according to the book, that he had to read in high school for an assignment, the author states its a type of alien device that Marcellus stole when he was probed in the back of the neck. He said he also heard the soul was extracted by the devil scenario as well. But like others, I would rather it be what every individual wants to think it is. As for my theory, I would rather stick with the mystery of what was in the case.
i like that movie...
i pour'd a wine and hit PINUPLIFESTYLES.com
I love how they kept the mystery to it. Like Tarantino said, its whatever the viewer wants it to be. I really like that. Lets everyone have more of an imagination with the movie instead of just taking what is obviously there.
Pretty good movie. What do you think about the Elvis people and Beatles people thing?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service