Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Well someone just gave me an awesome freaking compliment saying they wanted to be as good as me one day. I was very flattered but reluctant to respond. I know my photography has improved a great deal in the 1 year since i started but I am striving to learn and reach a point where i am very happy with my work. I am my biggest critique. Anyways someone to aspire to Dave LaChappele Amazing work this guy has... They also asked me what can i do to make it better and I gave the this advice...

"Well besides practice i say, not much. I really think watching fashion shows, and shows like America's Top Model help me a lot." I read it over and i couldnt believe what i wrote. Its a big help to me but what do other people think of it. I really want to know.

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I can't say I'd learn anything from ithat show in particular then again, that wasn't around when I was just getting involved in photography...

...but if you're getting something out of it, by all means, get your fill.

However, I'd add to that a little off-center recon : look for unlikely sources, as well, for instance : Classic sculpture, pre-Raphaelite paintings, print ads, anything.

A wealth of informed, refined information and methods available to you is never a bad thing, when a challenge comes up, or even a much-anticipated 'dream' shoot.
i find ANTM (and it's aussie version too) are helpful in some aspects but not in others. i dont think they're particularly helpful from a photographers point of view, unless you're looking at the types of shoots they set up, which i always find pretty inspiring.

however, if you're a model i think it's pretty helpful in a lot of ways. learning posing and facial expressions is always a hard thing to do, so it's definitely inspiring for that.

i wouldn't take any of it too seriously though...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service