Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I love the Versatility and look of my Nikon. But I really like the nifty crisp LCD screen that all the Canons have. The thing i dont like about Canon is the Lag that it has when you sort thru the pics while your viewing on the camera. Nikon is Pretty awesome when it comes to that. No lag, I wanna here all your thoughts pros and cons. Spare no feelings. Once again Im a nikon man myself.

Views: 103

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What type of Nikon do you have? If you are talking about a SLR i would stick with the Nikon as you would save money on buying lenses.
This is hard for me because I actually have a Nikon so I can't speak for Canon. I have a photographer who SWEARS by Canon, though! He said he can do things with a Canon he could never do with a Nikon. Again, I have no idea because I've never used a Canon!

My Aunt who is also a photographer uses a Canon. I've heard very good things about both although Canon usually wins over Nikon in general conversations I've had.
I love my Nikon D300, no way would i switch for a cannon.
I've seen the new screen on the D-3 and Boy is it big and bright and super crisp. Rent one and you'll be amazed. I have a D-50 , D-2h, D-1h and they all kick ass................ The d-50 ( for a beginner level shoots awesome clear and crisp photo's . The scrolling on my D-2h is like watching a stop action movie. very fast my friend..... The D-80 screen is pretty damn sweet too ( large and clear and bright) ...........
I shoot with a D80 its not that im trying to convert its more about hearing different arguements.

Shattered Stories said:
What type of Nikon do you have? If you are talking about a SLR i would stick with the Nikon as you would save money on buying lenses.
Well that Canon user is a limited photographer. Take a look at my port, I shot two of those pictures with a disposable camera. Only two very trained adobe employees were able to tell which ones they were. Can you tell, Now I shot 2 more of those pics with a Canon 5D and the rest with my D80. Any photog that tells you that the camera limits you, doesnt have a creative edge. Images are only limited by your imagination. The only thing the camera really does is limit you in is what size you can blow it up to. please dont take it as me being a pompess jerk, Some one gave me this advice and i put it to the test and it made me such a better photog. I only started doing this a year ago with no prior training. id love to see some of your work.

UltimateFetish said:
This is hard for me because I actually have a Nikon so I can't speak for Canon. I have a photographer who SWEARS by Canon, though! He said he can do things with a Canon he could never do with a Nikon. Again, I have no idea because I've never used a Canon!

My Aunt who is also a photographer uses a Canon. I've heard very good things about both although Canon usually wins over Nikon in general conversations I've had.
hear hear! I love that camera! So far one of the best ive ever had my hands on. Besides this $30,000 camera i touched one day.

Shattered Stories said:
I love my Nikon D300, no way would i switch for a cannon.
Yes sir i like the D80 no i love the d80 thats my camera but something about looking at the LCD on canon its great all around that lagg just pissed me off.

Rob Neill said:
I've seen the new screen on the D-3 and Boy is it big and bright and super crisp. Rent one and you'll be amazed. I have a D-50 , D-2h, D-1h and they all kick ass................ The d-50 ( for a beginner level shoots awesome clear and crisp photo's . The scrolling on my D-2h is like watching a stop action movie. very fast my friend..... The D-80 screen is pretty damn sweet too ( large and clear and bright) ...........
I know a few photographers who use portable dvd players as monitors.... They are much bigger and they help you see what your doing right there. The image pops up as fast as your lcd screen does.

Wonderboy Photography said:
Yes sir i like the D80 no i love the d80 thats my camera but something about looking at the LCD on canon its great all around that lagg just pissed me off.

Rob Neill said:
Ohhhh okay! He was just telling me that Canon has this super awesome infrared thingy... Thanks for explaining!

Wonderboy Photography said:
Well that Canon user is a limited photographer. Take a look at my port, I shot two of those pictures with a disposable camera. Only two very trained adobe employees were able to tell which ones they were. Can you tell, Now I shot 2 more of those pics with a Canon 5D and the rest with my D80. Any photog that tells you that the camera limits you, doesnt have a creative edge. Images are only limited by your imagination. The only thing the camera really does is limit you in is what size you can blow it up to. please dont take it as me being a pompess jerk, Some one gave me this advice and i put it to the test and it made me such a better photog. I only started doing this a year ago with no prior training. id love to see some of your work.

UltimateFetish said:

Canon isnt bad, and this is one of those kinds of arguments that will never end. Really, I am a nikon can, mostly due to their glass. I sware by it, and it is worth every last penny you spend, but as far as bodies go, they are about even. I still have a preference for nikon as far as this goes. Also, never care about the LCD. I shot film for my first 4 years and it was possibly the best experiences I ever had. It taught me to slow down, and think. Far too many photographers depend on the LCD which will never really give you the full feel for the image. So what if you can take 4000 images and delete what you dont like, if only 3 images came out worth a damn, that was 3996 wasted images.
I gotta say, I like Nikon, but I want the new Canon that does HD Video thats coming out soon... so bad....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service