Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I had left over black in my hair. I bleached it out AGAIN.
Ugh, this is the 3rd time. You would figure I would of learned from the first time.
My hair feels really soft. Not the nice kind of soft, the kind wear if I pull to hard a hand full will break out.
Any suggestions for conditioning my hair?

Things I do on occasion are mayo treatments, avocado and olive oil. Sometimes I just leave olive oil in my hair over night.

Its orange now, it turned out more blonde then the first time I did it. I'll be putting a nice light brown in it tomorrow.

The first photo is now.
The second photo is from the last time I did it. Its a little dark, so its kinda hard to see.

Views: 59

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would start by using a really good color, like Paul Mitchell, to do the light brown. Some of their ingredients are good for you hair, and every time I use PM (well, that's all I use!) it feels sooooo soft and strong afterwards! Also, I would try a leave in conditioner... Hope that helps! :)
I'd put a toner on it after the brown or it will turn green...Mine turned an awful moss, mold green years ago...not fun. I totally know what you mean about your hair being soft, we call it mushy at my house
I bleached the ends of my hair ONCE and learned the hard way that blue/black is the hardest color to get out of hair... or one of the hardest... It completely fried my hair. I would do a hot oil treatment and wait a couple of weeks before I did anything with my hair. You need to let it breathe for a while. Then go with a high quality hair dye in a dark color that will deposit some great color back into your hair. Right now you hair is stripped, you want to coat it with some color to help repair it. So for now stick with great shampoos and conditioners like Biolage.
I know your pain! I'd love proper peroxide white blonde hair and spent many years trying to acheive it..........aint gonna happen! :(

That "soft hair" feeling is the worst!
x
I died my hair red for now. I do like it though. It suits me better then the black and the brown. IM NEVER GOING BLONDE, it looked horrid on me.
Just a hint if anyone does this to them selves, even if you go to a salon. YOU HAVE TO GO RED after bleaching. OR IT WILL TURN GREEN if you go straight to brown. EEK.
You know whats funny? I am a natural blonde.. and it looks so bad on me! I have been dying my hair black since I was 16.. I've gone to a few other colors but always back to black. I can't do the blonde either.

I bleached it out once to go back to blonde to see if I would like it after a few years of black.. I have extremely thick hair.. so didn't realize I had to use 2.. possibly 3 boxes.. I had multicolored hair after I did it lol. At the roots it was white, then very blonde, then went to a darker blonde, to brown, to a dark brown, to black tips. I couldn't belive it lol. But my friends actually liked it.
For me to get that feeling out I just went in and got the hair dye conditioner put it in my hair for a half hour and it felt fine.
SwitchBlade Betty said:
I died my hair red for now. I do like it though. It suits me better then the black and the brown. IM NEVER GOING BLONDE, it looked horrid on me.
Just a hint if anyone does this to them selves, even if you go to a salon. YOU HAVE TO GO RED after bleaching. OR IT WILL TURN GREEN if you go straight to brown. EEK.
I've been dyeing my own hair for years now, tried getting it done 'properly' a couple of times but I always end up dissapointed. All I can suggest is when bleaching do the ends/lengths first leave on for a while, then your roots and comb through to blend: roots always take the bleach better! After washing out the bleach smother your hair with intensive conditioner and wrap your hair with a warm towel leave it on for half an hour at least, and do NOT be tempted to dye it or use heated rollers or irons on it again for at least a couple of days, you gotta let your hair recover! Always works for me and I've gone from black to white to red to blonde too many times to count and my hair is still super strong.
Agreed. Cotton Candy hair is the worst- and there aren't many products available to non professionals that can help.
Which is funny because they'll sell you the stuff to mess up our hair. haha

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
You can condition your hair all you want with condiments and various members of the food groups. However, I suggest you visit your stylist/colorist and let them do it right. Invest a bit in your hair and then ask them how you should best maintain it. I can't tell you how many hair color fixes we do at Pin-ups Hair Design, weekly. I understand why people do it. However, in the long run, you're best going to your stylist and having done professionally.

~Rob/Pin-ups Hair Design~
What about protein treatments? I have had a blonde streak in my hair since I was about 13 or so and it has become pretty brittle. I talked to my stylist and she told me that I should wash my hair, squeeze it out, and then run a protein rinse through it (I use Redkin Cat Protein), rinse, then condition. It seems to work but I've heard you have to be careful with the protein rinses. Any one have any information on that?
i have been there(many many many many times,i change my haircolor the way most people change underwear) the best thing i can recommend is Redken C.A.T. it restructures your hair or at Sally's Aura Cherry Almond Bark Conditioner and leave it in overnight with your hair wrapped(and it smells so yummy)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service