Advertise on PinupLifestyle
A lot of pin up photography has some really amazing props for the setting.
I'm wondering where you buy your props and also if there is props you can make yourself.

So let's make a collection of online shops, addresses and tips.

I know one good shop for props in Berlin, Germany: www.deko-behrendt-berlin.de
It doesn't have an online shop though.

Views: 82

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

swapmeets are a good place to get props, I've gotten tiki's realatively cheaper than any store around plus you can score old cahirs etc..... fairly cheap..................
A very cool one for the whole tiki surfing style is: http://www.propshopmiami.com
A lot of photogs I have worked with have gotten props at thrift stores and ebay!
I am SO glad you asked this question... Thrift stores are AMAZING... you never know what kind of vintagey thing you'll find! (okay I so made up the word vintagey.)
Props-shops, older pawn shops, garage sales, thrift stores, and 'hipster' vintage (junk) stores.

Don't expect to find anything specific, just go with an open mind, and you'll be sure to get something wonderful in a day's run-around.
I improvise! Some props you can even make yourself with a ingenuity and household everyday items. I'm a huge thrift store, sale racks, vintage shops and even party supply stores. Sometimes those party supply stores have some great little things like parasols, fans, grass skirts, fake flowers, backdrops etc. Oriental Trading Company is a great online party supply store that has things like that for pretty cheap.
Ellie Retrophilia said:
I improvise! Some props you can even make yourself with a ingenuity and household everyday items. I'm a huge thrift store, sale racks, vintage shops and even party supply stores. Sometimes those party supply stores have some great little things like parasols, fans, grass skirts, fake flowers, backdrops etc. Oriental Trading Company is a great online party supply store that has things like that for pretty cheap.
I meant to add thrift store fan.
Craigslist, Thrifting, Walmart has a great return policy.... not that I do that.....
We've bought props from just about everyplace...it's more a matter of taking the time for the never ending stops at the thrift / antique stores, shopping on line, etc. Personally, I think the estate sales rock top them all as you can find a wide variety from the personnel stuff to furniture props.

Just keep looking looking looking and let the imagination rule!
looks good, if only i could understand the site....
in my town there is a store called PATiES PART PaLace!!! it rocks.... Halloween is a good time to stock up.... now is EVEN BETTER.... props at a discount casue halloween is over!!!
think ahead, even ahead from the next shoot... i ALWAYS buy props... i look at EVERY thing in the PINUP sence.... will it look cute in a shoot? and is it a good price? then i buy it, and store it, and then i ALWAYS own that prop!!!!

also thrift stores...!!!!!!
Vintage Car swap meets they have loads of old crap out of peoples Garages
GOODWILL!! You just have to think outside of the box. If you can get creative with it that place is a gold mine! Plus, since you are buying it so cheap, you can buy a glue gun and embellish it with more sassy decor like ribbon, tassels, gems, glitter, etc. Takes time but it's one of a kind! (Totally unintentional rhyme).

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service