Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I was just looking trough some of the gorgeous photos on this site and it got me thinking of how diverse and including the pin-up style really can be. Slim girls, shapy girls, short, tall, I think you're all gorgeous.

But then again I know alot of you work as models and are probably constantly reminded of those areas that need some special attention and has to worry about how you look all the time. Some of you might be from small places where your style might be too extravagant and have to ignore people frowning at the way you choose to look. A low self-image seem to haunt so many beautiful girls these days.

So I wanted us to get a little supportive and allow room for a little self-love. What do you actually like about yourselves? I've come to the decition that I like my teeth. The are slightly crooked and I think it brings character to my face, since I'm rather averge-looking. I've also come to appriciate the little curves I have, mostly thanks to amazing girls rocking them around the globe. Both of these things I didn't like before. How about you?

Views: 131

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I've had a hard time trying to figure out what I like, hmm..... I would have to say that I like my eyes, very large and a neat hazel blue green, I like my lips they are very large and full, I'm always being asked if I've had them injected. I have an hourglass figure but I am on the healthy side if the size spectrum lol! My hips and bust are in proportion with each other, about a 2-3 inch difference between the twe with my hips being larger. This is a great discussion because we are constantly being fed an ideal of beauty that is unattainable and it's not often that we get to pick out the stuff about ourselves that we like!
Just because something is in style doesn't mean you have to wear it! I totally agree and wear whatever I feel good in, regardless of whether it is in fashion or not. Confidence is the best style :)
It is tough, but women in general are taught to hate themselves, and we need to undo that.

Lolitadoll said:
meg said:
Lolitadoll said:
Great discussion! To me beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and after years of having suffered low self esteem, inflicted by my darling mother, i am proud to say that i finally love myself and all its flaws today!! I love my toned and flat stomach, even more now, since i have had 3 babies! I also lovemy hands and my shoulders as well as my bottom....my thighs are getting wider as time goes by but that is probably down to my love for chocolate!!! Still, thanks to my husband who made me realise that i was special in many ways, i now can smile at myself in the mirror! A sign of relief for you girls who feel that you are not good enough...its rubbish, we are all special...and the pinup style is agreat way to make us feel more beautiful and feminine!XXLOLITADOLLXX

Couldnt agree more especially with the last bit! I do sometimes think that modern fashion trends (skinny jeans with smock tops for example) conspire to make us feel rubbish just cos its so hard to look/feel great wearing something that doesnt enhance our best bits!
The great thing about the pin up /retro style is that its all about enhancing the bits we love and a little bit of sneaky cheating is positively ENCOURAGED to hide the bits we arent so keen on!
I love the way I look so much more in the years since I've started wearing red lipsick, halter dress, big 50s knickers and great shoes - it makes you feel FANTASTIC!!

absolutely correct, the pinup fashion is the most flattering period of dressing as well as the 40s...i love the 30s but i cant emulate it too well with my curvy thighs etc... Skinny jeans, who invented this atrocity? they dont even look good on super skinny girls!!! I never follow fashion, it is just sooo wrong! XLOLX
I like my boobs... and I always feel confident right after I've had a fresh Brazillian wax! I've actually been working to lost a little weight as my doctor said I'm not very healthy right now and I agree. I haven't been taking care of myself. I can't wait to be in shape again and not be out of breathe when I go up some stairs!

As soon as I'm in shape I hope I love everything about myself again!
Random facts; A gap between your teeth is called a diastema, and is by some, belived to be a sign of generousity. (and so is big earlobes, I've heard!!) I think they look gorgeous and I'd have one if i could.(a diastema that is) Besides, space between your teeth makes them easier to clean, which in turn makes it easier to keep your teeth healthy and good-looking.

Alley De Rosas said:
Billie,

I'm with you....I have a huge gap in my teeth....But I wouldnt change it now....I think I would feel weird with out it....Also I have to say my personality....For the simple fact that, someone can steal your hairstyle and other silly things like that, but they cant replicate who you are.....
I like my eyes...
I like this question - lets focus on the good stuff!
Most people compliment my eyes, and I like them (colour) and I also like my nose a lot. Oh and my hands - never underestimate hands!!
your right about under estimating hands. beautiful and more importantly graceful hands can make or break even the prettiest girl!

Sweetness said:
I like this question - lets focus on the good stuff!
Most people compliment my eyes, and I like them (colour) and I also like my nose a lot. Oh and my hands - never underestimate hands!!
I love my eyes and my cheekbones. Yah for inherited bone structure!
I like my hair [especially being blonde], my "kool aid smile", my shortness, my legs... my body in general... Gosh I must sounds so conceited! But I used to have bad self-esteem - and it was because of my smile, height, and weight.
I like your sideburns.

Pin-ups Hair Design Inc. said:
I like the fact that I can find something to like about everybody! Every girl has something magical, something mysterious, something bemusing. I like that I can tap into that and try to bring that out. Everyone wants to feel good about themselves.
I think I have pretty nice eyes, when they're not obscured by spectacles!

My skin has been described as "peaches and cream", and I think I have a pretty good complexion. I like my cute feet

And even though I'm plump, I think I still have pretty shapely legs and ankles (no cankles for me - ha!)

My ego loves this thread!

There are so many things I love about me! LOL. My eyes, my curves, my hair, my boobs, my nails.... all of it!! I, like so many girls on this site, am awesome!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service