Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I was just looking trough some of the gorgeous photos on this site and it got me thinking of how diverse and including the pin-up style really can be. Slim girls, shapy girls, short, tall, I think you're all gorgeous.

But then again I know alot of you work as models and are probably constantly reminded of those areas that need some special attention and has to worry about how you look all the time. Some of you might be from small places where your style might be too extravagant and have to ignore people frowning at the way you choose to look. A low self-image seem to haunt so many beautiful girls these days.

So I wanted us to get a little supportive and allow room for a little self-love. What do you actually like about yourselves? I've come to the decition that I like my teeth. The are slightly crooked and I think it brings character to my face, since I'm rather averge-looking. I've also come to appriciate the little curves I have, mostly thanks to amazing girls rocking them around the globe. Both of these things I didn't like before. How about you?

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wow, what an awesome topic! i used to hate my large nose. everyone said i looked like the rest of my family (who also have very large noses). recently however i was at a rockabilly show/concert/art show when an artist came up to me and said i was so cute and he loved my roman nose. it made me look noble. at the time it made me blush but after i thought about it, i was proud. i realized it makes me who i am and i love every part of me.
i love my toes! i've got syndactyly - which is a fancy term for webbed toes... but don't worry, they're not freaky webbed, just the second and third toes on each foot are partially webbed... it has been passed on through my family for generations, and i think they're cute.
i also love my eyes, my tattoos and my fringe!
I have webbed toes too! Not kidding...only on one foot, and not fully webbed, just partially! :)

Rachael said:
i love my toes! i've got syndactyly - which is a fancy term for webbed toes... but don't worry, they're not freaky webbed, just the second and third toes on each foot are partially webbed... it has been passed on through my family for generations, and i think they're cute.
snap! i've never known anyone outside my family to have it...
how cute it's only on one foot for you!

Betty Red said:
I have webbed toes too! Not kidding...only on one foot, and not fully webbed, just partially! :)

Rachael said:
I love my lips and the freckles I have on my nose that I got from my mom.
hmm Thats actually kind of hard for me to pin point what I actually like about myself lol

I do like my eyes and my lips. My eyes change color daily, one day they will be bright green and the next dark brown. My lips are full and have a pretty shape.

I never really liked my shape because i'm 5'2 and curvy, but I've been with my boyfriend for a year now and he has constantly commented on my curves so I am beginning to like them more and more. I have big boobs hips and thighs and I wouldn't look very good if they were smaller so I am happy with them.
This is a good discussion to help us with our self esteem :)
I love my eyes, they are a super awesome green and more than that they mean a lot to me. I've had two eye surgeries and am about to have a 3rd because I was supposed to be blind.
I love the high arches of my feet and I love how red nail polish looks on my toes.
I love my small waist and i work hard to keep those curvy measurements.
I love my smile, I did have braces though :)
WOW Marissa how wonderful that you are not blind, i'll be thinking of you when you next have surgery hun.

Hmmm... let me seel
I Love my eyes
I love my teeth, perfect white no fillings or cavities and at 30 years old i think thats pretty good :o)
I love seing my fingers and toes painted with dark burgandy or black nail polish
I love my peircings

I cant think of anything else to be honest... I do love my heart though, its really big and forgiving.
My arms... I hated them when Iwas younger.

And I love the fact I can look so different everyday.
Heather Zombie said:
Quite honestly I find it a bit hard to find things I love about myself. People always tell me I have a great smile, so I suppose that's one thing. I have never been a fan of my body, but as time goes by, the more I learn to like it. I'm still not completely comfortable with it, but someday soon I hope.

Just by looking at your photos I can see that you have AMAZING eyes, the kind you can't stop staring into! And you have lovely full lips, and gorgeous skin! Modeltastic!
Don't put yourself down love, lifes s*** enough without us making it even worse for ourselves!
I could make a heeeeee-uuuuuge list of stuff I hate about myself but you gotta look at the big picture!
I like my eyes cos they are quite big and round
I like my eyebrows cos they have a natural arch
I like my waist cos its small and so when I put on weight I still look in proportion - in fact I like my general shape.

Girls have a weird mindset - if I have a s*** time at work, or home, or i break something or do something equally stupid, I always think "....and I'm fat and ugly!" No-one else would ever say this to me, why are we so mean to ourselves?????? We are all beautiful!
Billie,

I'm with you....I have a huge gap in my teeth....But I wouldnt change it now....I think I would feel weird with out it....Also I have to say my personality....For the simple fact that, someone can steal your hairstyle and other silly things like that, but they cant replicate who you are.....
Lolitadoll said:
Great discussion! To me beauty comes in all shapes and sizes and after years of having suffered low self esteem, inflicted by my darling mother, i am proud to say that i finally love myself and all its flaws today!! I love my toned and flat stomach, even more now, since i have had 3 babies! I also lovemy hands and my shoulders as well as my bottom....my thighs are getting wider as time goes by but that is probably down to my love for chocolate!!! Still, thanks to my husband who made me realise that i was special in many ways, i now can smile at myself in the mirror! A sign of relief for you girls who feel that you are not good enough...its rubbish, we are all special...and the pinup style is agreat way to make us feel more beautiful and feminine!XXLOLITADOLLXX

Couldnt agree more especially with the last bit! I do sometimes think that modern fashion trends (skinny jeans with smock tops for example) conspire to make us feel rubbish just cos its so hard to look/feel great wearing something that doesnt enhance our best bits!
The great thing about the pin up /retro style is that its all about enhancing the bits we love and a little bit of sneaky cheating is positively ENCOURAGED to hide the bits we arent so keen on!
I love the way I look so much more in the years since I've started wearing red lipsick, halter dress, big 50s knickers and great shoes - it makes you feel FANTASTIC!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service