Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Heyo, ladies!

I'm Pixie Le Punk, experienced costumer and amateur burlesque performer. I was thinking about writing a book about DIY costuming for the burlesque stage. I think it'd be pretty helpful, considering the amount of neo-burlesque and classic burlesque performers out there, and the amount of crafty pin-ups.

It would include instructions on how to make pasties, garter belts, bustles, open cup bras, things like that, and the projects would range from beginner to intermediate.

I'll probably publish it as an e-book at first, through my make-up tutorial website, elfSTRUCK!, but eventually I want to get it published through a traditional publishing company.

Do you think it would work?
Have any ideas?

Love,
Pixie Le Punk

Views: 356

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think it would be awesome, theres not too much out there
on the gals who make the beautiful garments the ladies wear.
its a great idea especially because it would give a better veiw at how
things work maby even help out a girl who just started her burlesque
career, very cool indeed =)
tell me how it works out.

Mad love,
Dulce
I for one think this is a great Idea I wish it was out already! This could totally work. I'd like to see some options for creative embellishment ideas, as well as fascinators and hair pieces. Good luck
That is a really good idea! It's especially good because tips like that can always transfer to other things like photoshoots and stuff!
I think this is a great idea. So many girls out there wanna make their own things and just need a little help getting started. Keep us informed, I know I'll buy it!
I want to hear more as you put it together!
This is definitely a book i would purchase. I have just signed on to do an apprenticeship for a Burlesque dancer, here in Chicago, "Maria The Purple Goddess". If she is my teacher, it sounds like your book, would be the required text. Good luck with the bok and let me know when its ready!
I would absolutely LOVE a book like this! Not only would it be cool for performers, but also people just interested in costuming and roleplay.

Good luck!
I think thats a fantastic idea!
That is a brilliant idea! You can go ahead & put me down for a copy as soon as it's done. :D
So when should we expect something like this?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service