Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I can sew a straightforward pencil skirt, but when it comes to anything with a lining or complicated seams, I'd rather leave things to the professionals. I have a closet full of vintage dresses, and some could use tailoring for a more flattering fit. How do you find someone you can trust with irreplaceable garments?

Views: 13

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Honestly, have you checked the yellow pages? There's a place here in Ventura that I've heard is great bt I know your a little far.
Also have you thought about trying out some students at a near fashion school?

I'd say to find the ONE test them with something replaceable and work them up if you grow to trust them :)
Plenty of listings in the yellow pages, but none that mention working on vintage stuff. A friend took some of her dresses to one lady who was well reviewed, but everything came back smelling of cigarettes.

Cassie Wanda said:
Honestly, have you checked the yellow pages? There's a place here in Ventura that I've heard is great bt I know your a little far.

I'd say to find the ONE test them with something replaceable and work them up if you grow to trust them :)
Oh ew gross. Not good.

Wink Holliday said:
Plenty of listings in the yellow pages, but none that mention working on vintage stuff. A friend took some of her dresses to one lady who was well reviewed, but everything came back smelling of cigarettes.

Cassie Wanda said:

It's a shame your not UK based as we do bespoke pieces, previous comistios have been Uniform for Rosie's Deli and an upcoming piece is a wedding dress. Photo's will be added soon!

Try asking some of the designers on here if they would be happy to work with you, I find people telling me what they are after can help develop an idea I had so am always happy to do such things

LKL x

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service