Advertise on PinupLifestyle
What are some of the ways that you as a model use to divert attention that can be inappropriate, overzealous or downright scary?

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You be frank with the person. You say "That's very nice of you but your comments are making me a little uncomfortable. Thanks."
In a comment: I delete and block the person.
In a message: I ignore and block the person.
In real life: I laugh nervously and move away from the person.
My MySpace Profile has a little tidbit that helped a lot:
Attn Straight Boys and Girls on Girls-Girls: I'm in a RELATIONSHIP. It's on my info. You're great, I'm flattered you think I'm hot, but please stop telling me you want to "do" me and/or date me. The answer is not going to change. And in case this wasn't clear... the answer is NO!
LOL...I love that one. In real life...laugh nervously and move away...It has to be hard knowing that some of these people are your fan base, and yet to know that they have very little grasp on reality is nerve wracking.
I've only had to remove and block one person I met in real life. Ugh that was creepy.
We'll see what happens at the next big car show if I see him there.

Raven Foxx said:
LOL...I love that one. In real life...laugh nervously and move away...It has to be hard knowing that some of these people are your fan base, and yet to know that they have very little grasp on reality is nerve wracking.
I tell them straight up that they are being weird. If they are making me feel uncomfortable, civility goes right out the window. LOL.
I'm really find it too difficult to tell people to their face they creep me out. Especially if I'm in a car show setting. I don't know why! I just smile nod and move away.

NolaChick said:
I tell them straight up that they are being weird. If they are making me feel uncomfortable, civility goes right out the window. LOL.
When I have stalkers I usually give them a special spot on my profile, that gives em what they need and they can focus their energy on producing great photographs as opposed to hiding in the bushes outside my house, waiting for me at my car, stealing my clothes from the dryer etc....
lol...
I dont know.....I guess if its on-line...I probobly wont have a big issue with it, I mean why else do we post pictures of ourselves....But in public, if I'm being followed or something or harrased I wouldnt have a problem telling anyone to f*** off...
Great idea.

Daddy Cool said:
When I have stalkers I usually give them a special spot on my profile, that gives em what they need and they can focus their energy on producing great photographs as opposed to hiding in the bushes outside my house, waiting for me at my car, stealing my clothes from the dryer etc....
lol...
I have had to block a couple people on my MySpace, I didn't even give an explaination - I just hit the block button. I really haven't had to deal with the situation in the real world, I don't know what I would do. Like Cassie said - it's hard to tell someone that they are being creepy, but I am sure I would have no problem if the situation was bad enough.
I usually ignore and block said person if it's via a profile or message. If it's in person, I will usually, like Cassie, laugh nervously and try to move out of reach.

Touching is a no-no, if they touch me then Ms. Nice disappears. I rarely go anywhere without my husband, another friend or a close trusted male around me. Because when it crosses the line and I can't keep a handle on it that's when my husband steps in. I've had one episode where there was a little unwelcome attention. I was flattered he thought I was "sexy" but was a bit uncomfortable about his attention. I will more than likely encounter him again so next time I intend on bringing my husband with me.
I never think that it's a good idea to jeopardize your safety but if an a****** in public harasses me, I tell him how it is. I don't ever let any man (or woman for that matter) get away with that s***. Maybe Toronto is a hotspot for sexual harassment but this happens to me on a fairly regular basis...I mean I can't stop at a red light on my bike for some reason, even city workers find it OK to scream lewd comments at me. It's disgusting and repulsive when people think it's okay to do some of the things or say some of the things they do.

Maybe it's immature but if guys approach me in a bar and say things that cross my comfort lines, I make sure that he and everyone else in the bar knows he crossed it. I just don't think anyone should get away with sexual harassment... Just because we as models tend to make a bit more effort in our appearance than the average gal, doesn't mean it's an open invitation for awkward conversation or random ass grabbing. *barf*

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service