Advertise on PinupLifestyle
I always have difficulty finding music for my numbers. Does anyone have some pointers of good places to search and possibly search criteria I should put in. I love big band music, the classic burlesque music, swing type stuff, Elvis and Old DoWap.

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have you gone to Pandora (www.pandora.com) yet? It's a website where you can start your own personal radio stations based on genre or band name. You can also adjust it to play what you like and not what you don't.
i really like LAS VEGAS GRIND... i think there are like 6 volumes..

they are classsy, tiki, big band, burly-q type tunes... i LOVE em!!!
Thanks ladies I will take a look at that.
Also, if you've got iTunes, the latest download has a feature called "Genius" where when you pick a song it recommend other songs you don't have. I've found a few gems that way!
I'm a big fan of Amazon mp3s. There's tons of instantly downloadable music old and new, and for everything you look at there's that "people who bought this also bought this" thing that can direct you to other stuff. They also have quite a few karaoke tracks, which I love because I sing several of my numbers. And unlike most mp3 sites, you can burn the tracks to disc.
Sweet another geek in the house. Come sit on this side of the room! :) btw another great place is right here on PL! Toto media/tunes

Nina Nightshade said:
Also, if you've got iTunes, the latest download has a feature called "Genius" where when you pick a song it recommend other songs you don't have. I've found a few gems that way!
Yep, just another geek who's addicted to corsets and stilettos... But still a geek, DC! Thanks for reminding us of the resources provided right here on our favorite website!

Daddy Cool said:
Sweet another geek in the house. Come sit on this side of the room! :) btw another great place is right here on PL! Toto media/tunes

Nina Nightshade said:
You can download burlesque compilations (I think thats the right word...?) I found one that was called Burlesque and Jazz. Its great, has a ton of artists on it, one I remember was on this Bettie Boop cartoon.
There is a wonderful station in Seattle called "The Music Of Your Life". I am pretty sure that I am the ONLY one under 75 years old who listens to it. I get burly inspired music all day long. Find your self a station like that and you will be sure to find some gems that inspire you that aren't on all the other mainstream Striptease CD's.
xo Kitty Baby
The Pinup Angels
Have you looked into Java's Bachelor Pad Radio? They podcast, live stream, and post the playlist on their website. They have tons of great tunes and fantastic old time radio shorts. Go to: http://www.javasbachelorpad.com/radio.html

Oh and I second Amazon, Pandora (or Jango), iTunes Genius, and the music right here on PL - with all of that you should be set - Good Luck!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service