Advertise on PinupLifestyle
My process as an artist includes the costuming of my models. I'm always looking for sources. One of the streams of my current project employs period characters from 1930 to 1960. I'm constantly in search of a source for footwear. It's just so much fun to flirt with all the lovely pin-up girls here but I landed here in the first place because I was doing research. Here's a style that I'd love to be able to get my hands on. It's just a basic suede pump but I think a masterpiece.

Views: 95

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Unlisted brand has a few classic pumps
So simple, yet we have so much trouble finding them
I found mine when I wasn't even looking. It seems everytime I look for something specific I don't find it but when I am just looking with nothing particular in mind I always find something good.

Cassie Wanda said:
I love those feathers!

Mimi First said:
Ah yes, the quest for the perfect pumps! found these a while back and thought they looked very classic they're a peep toe but what a great price. They have a very nice wearable heel and look very simply chic.
http://tiny.cc/cGlgR

Have to share these too:

If you happen to find a source for the pump you posted do share! That shoe is so timeless.
Happy Hunting!
Yes Cassie! And when you do the sizes are impossibly small! Most of the models I work with are 8's and 9's. I'm working with a young woman right now who's a 10.

Cassie Wanda said:
Thanks everybody for your input. finding the right shoes for my models is an obsession. I'm dedicated to detail and authenticity in my work. I hope we can keep this thread going and maybe, just maybe I'll get a little closer to my objective. It's not just that one pair of pumps. I'm always on the hunt for real 40's and 50's footwear. You can make a period dress but it's not so easy to turn out a pair of shoes in your basement!
Those really are a swell pair of shoes Dottie.

Dottie Darling said:
These are my blue suede pumps. I usually buy my shoes in small boutiques, which is probably why I can't remember where I got them. Sorry I can't help more.

Here is the unlisted black pump

And this is one of my favorites by Chinese Laundry...I love Chinese Laundry shoes

Now we're getting close. Any source behind those Unlisted pumps? website? And I just have to know why they're called Chinese Laundry Shoes!

Kim Bombshell said:
Here is the unlisted black pump

And this is one of my favorites by Chinese Laundry...I love Chinese Laundry shoes

I might be getting a little closer to what I'm looking for. Still not quite right but I think some of you may find this an interesting site: http://remixvintageshoes.com/

Remix are the best shoes for dancing and easy on the feet. I recommend them for anyone going to a rockabilly weekender, but they are so pricey! Usually $165 to $225.

Unlisted is a brand by Kenneth Cole, and most of the shoes are less than $50 and you can find them online at Zappos or even at DSW. Chinese Laundry makes a lot of retro styled shoes, and I don't know why they called their company that, but I just know I love them and they are pretty comfortable.

Monkeyboy said:
I might be getting a little closer to what I'm looking for. Still not quite right but I think some of you may find this an interesting site: http://remixvintageshoes.com/

Thanks for the details Kim. I'll probably be looking for these shoes the rest of my life. Fortunately if I start with the right shapes I can manipulate most anything. It's one of the advantages of drawing over photography.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service