Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Hi Guys,

I just had a memorial tattoo done to commemorate my grandfather that passed away on Monday after being really sick and I wanted to share it with you and see if anyone else has any ink that is extra special or a tribute.. I'd love for you all to share your pics and stories if it's not too personal!

I had Pa's initials (FJB) inked on the outside of my roses at the bottom of my 1/2 sleeve and I felt that it fits beautifully and is in a spot where it's not out of place yet visible to remind me of him whenever I see it. I haven't shown any of my family yet but I know they'll be so pleased with it.

Views: 2219

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My tattoo I got in memory of my Grampa who was also sick and passed away a year ago. A year later on the anniversary of his death I went and had it done, and for me, it gave me a huge sense of closure since I was still reeling from the loss. The tat is of an anchor (he was in the navy and had an anchor tattoo on his forearm) and a guitar (He played guitar, we used to play and sing together) with the words "Blame it on the Moonlight" on a banner wrapped around the two (It was one of two songs he ever wrote). Here's a pic of it; I wanted it to be vintage-style and I think the artist did a fantastic job.

Every tattoo that I have are symbolic and are in memory of some event in my life.

My first tattoo, I got when I was 14, I got it in juvie and it was done by hand. I hurt like hell but it was my moms name Sylvia.

My second tattoo was my nephew issac who was in an accident and almost lost his arm.

My third tattoo was when my other nephew died of brain cancer at the age of 9.

My fourth is my step dads name. He died of aids from sharing needles.  so I got his name on my chest next to my moms.

My next tattoo was my last name across my chest. I got this when I found my long lost dead beat father who left me. I found out when he immigrated to the states he changed his name and never used my last name. He died before  I could meet him, Funny thing is that he was always living a few cities away. I never found him cause he changed his last name.

My last tat. Is the words "The world is Yours" on my collar bone. This I got when I became an atheist.

Ill post some pix up later.

I guess one that I have would count as a tribute tattoo of sorts. But more like a best friends tattoo.

Story is I've known my best friend for about 10 yrs, when we met back in art school. After school we both ended up working in the mortgage industry and always joke about how we felt like robots because we felt like we were just suppose to do what we were told and not think for ourselves. We'd always joked about getting a power button symbol tattooed. So just a couple months ago I moved across the country away from her,a week before I moved, we went and got tattooed together. Mine behind my left ear, here's behind her right.

Don't have a pic at this moment but maybe I'll post one later :)

When my grandma died last january we (the grandchilderen) were asked to decorate the coffin with paintings, drawings or texts which we remembered her by.

She died of something that happened to her heart, thats way i dicided to paint a beautifull butterfly on the coffin positioned near her heart. The day we buried her, i went to a friend of mine to get the butterfly that i had painted tattooed near my heart. The lower (blue) butterfly is for my other grandma, who passed away 6 years ago.

Attachments:

I have a memorial tattoo in mind in memory of my grandmother who passed away in March of 2010.  She passed away on her wedding anniversary when the sun was rising.  In keeping with my hot rod theme on my back and to cover up a terrible tattoo I'm going to get a racing scene:  a pink 1950s thunderbird (her favorite car) with 11-42 (birthdate) on the license plate and a purple 2010 corvette with 03-10 (death date) on the license plate.  The pink represents breast cancer (without it they never would have caught the more vicious cancer the first time).  The purple represents pancreatic cancer.  The 'Vette will be crossing a shining line (created out of 2s) as her second battle with pancreatic cancer took her away.  All will be set against a sunrise backdrop, specifically a scene that was captured on camera by my Aunt minutes after grandmother passed away.  My grandmother was the light of my life, my substitute mother, my cheerleader, my support and my rock.  She was the gentle, proper matriarch of our family. From her is where my love of vintage comes from. 

I already have a tattoo artist in mind, I just have to either travel to Columbia SC or catch him when he makes his next trip up to Richmond (his daughter lives in my neck of the woods).  His wife is a friend of mine and I know for a fact that he will be able to do the scene to perfection. 

Wow, that scene sounds so cool! It's awesome how the things you will be including are all reminders of various aspects of your grandmother.

I love reading all of these stories! Its amazing how art on our bodies can be memories and carried with us! I hope more people share. The scary thing for me is to see how many more people have died of cancer something im batteling but im young and im a fighter! Keep posting stories and pics i love reading them!

This is such a beautiful thread :)

I have two memorial tatts planned, A tribal panda on my left shoulder/collar bone for my mother. She collects bears and hasn't got a panda, so my thinking is she can have one on me. 

The second is for my dad. On my right shoulder/collar bone the girl on the front of the "sweetheart of the rodeo" album. Its the only record he would play when my mam was sick when we were younger. :)

Neither know yet. My dad is of the belief that women shouldn't have tattoos. But as my mamma said its my body haha.

all my others are to commemorate various life events. DAG logo for when I became part of the psychobilly family, Phoenix for my rebirth and surviving rape and abusive relationships ect. and a few are things my closest friends are drawing up for me. 

Then there are the other family ones such as the doghouse crew and the south coast wrecking crew ones. And of course the "Rockin' Stefs undead army" one too lol.

My father passed away in March after a brief and awful illness. This is a picture of us from when I was 2.

I also have a memorial tattoo of my Grandfather.. A man I never was able to meet. He was a raging alcoholic until the 50s and when he got sober, helped so many others with their sobriety as well. After he passed, my mom and aunt were watching a new TV show called 'Cheers' and in the opening credits, they saw a picture of my grandfather.. (bottom left hand corner..)

This is what I did in memory of 'Daddy Rex' as he was known by in our family.. 

My Dad passed away a couple years ago. My sister and I went to pick up his stuff at his work. He had made a cd of some jams that read "TINO MUSIC" in his handwriting. So I had Haji, the artist, to trace his name in his handwriting and vuala!!

In 6th grade I was bullied so relentlessly that it sent me into a deep depression. It was to the point that I didn't want to live and I actually started considering suicide. My mom saw my depression and told me that when summer break arrived, we would go the pound and find me a dog for my new best friend. Well summer break arrived and as promised we went to the pound. I found my Sammy who was a border collie. He was my furry soul mate and made life worth it again. I had him for 14years and the day he died was really hard on me. I have his exact paw prints tattooed on the tops of my feet (1 paw print on each foot) with a banner at the top with his first and middle name w/ forget me nots and cherry blossoms & a few little hearts. I chose the tops of my feet because whenever I came home from school, Sammy would greet me at the door and then stand on my feet so I couldn't move until I gave him enough pets and love according to him. This way he goes wherever I do and every time I walk through the door; his feet are still on mine :). There will be more memorial tattoos in the future, my mom for instance but so far Sammy's tattoo is the only memorial tattoo I have.
Attachments:

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service