Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Personally I hate them. I think they look cheap. I don't think they are sexy, either. I absolutely hate seeing pin-ups in retro hair and wardrobe wearing stripper shoes.

There, I said it!

Views: 729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I just posted some new photos where I am wearing 5 3/4 inch heels with about 1 1/2 inch platform. I was very happy with how the shoot turned out. I am more of a modern retro model vs. a vintage model, so I think I can get away with wearing the modern retro-inspired shoes. :) Plus, I like to wear the higher heels because it adds length to my legs, and makes me appear taller. I am only 5'4", and those types of shoes give me some height. lol!

Sorry about the Attack of the 50 Foot Woman there! I had intended on the picture to be smaller.
Marilyn's lucite platforms are shown earlier in the thread. You should read through; it's fun!

Sadie Sparkle said:
Would anyone mind sending me a link to see these infamous Marilyn platforms please??

xxx
This is one of my favorite photos of Marilyn Monroe, where she is showing her lucite platforms. I also recall reading in an article that she had different colored ribbons, and she would change out the ribbons so they would match whatever she was wearing:

I think stripper shoes are great for certain things- like pole dancing, for instance! ;)

I don't want to hate and judge and say that stripper shoes are always bad.

BUT, in my opinion, they have no place in a photo if you're going for an authentic vintage look.

They're great for fetish stuff, though. Or for "modern pin-up". And, damn, they make your legs and ass look good...
I have to agree with Sable Sin Cyr on this. If you're doing "modern pin-up" fine, wear them, but please don't wear them while trying to pass off a pic as "vintage-style pin-up".

I mean, you may as well be wearing a pair of Dr Marten boots!!!
I really don't like them and would rather no shoe and a pointed toe then those..Much more classic.
Roxy Tart said:
I think they're ok as long as you have the right look to go with them. I would never wear them in a retro shoot or with a retro outfit, that's a major no no. But I had a pair of light up ones back in the late 90's when I was a raver and I loved them. And I used a clear pair as glass slippers with a sexy Cinderella costume once. Sometimes they look cheap, but I think they're ok for certain outfits.

I always wanted a pair of light up ones :) I had a plain pair with silvery mule tops (in fact I had 2 because I replaced them when they got worn out) that I used to go clubbing in, I was the only person in the club with 6" heels on and people used to come up to me to ask me how I danced all night in them! My husband hates them though and when I met him they were consigned to the wardrobe (keeping them for the memories, even though they are past their best)
Hey! I didn't realise they were Marilyn's legs lmao. I'm so stupid sometimes *smacks forehead*.

Thank you very much for the picture Lady Stevi! PS you have an AMAZING pair of boobies!! Can you balance your teacup on there?! Tehe ^_^

xxx

Wink Holliday said:
Marilyn's lucite platforms are shown earlier in the thread. You should read through; it's fun!

Sadie Sparkle said:
Would anyone mind sending me a link to see these infamous Marilyn platforms please??

xxx
Sadie Sparkle said:
Thank you very much for the picture Lady Stevi! PS you have an AMAZING pair of boobies!! Can you balance your teacup on there?! Tehe ^_^ xxx

LOL! Thank you. Yes, I probably could. But my biggest problem is falling crumbs when I am eating. My husband laughs when he sees crumbs in my cleavage, I get rather embarrassed about that. I also once lost the back of an earring down there before a photo shoot. I found it later though. LOL!
Hahahah! I was in a shop once with a girl with massive bazoomas and we were looking at the lipsticks - she dropped one and it went right down her cleavage! It was hilarious!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service