Advertise on PinupLifestyle
Personally I hate them. I think they look cheap. I don't think they are sexy, either. I absolutely hate seeing pin-ups in retro hair and wardrobe wearing stripper shoes.

There, I said it!

Views: 729

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

lol
I actually love stilletos.I have what 4 pairs? just im clumsy and fall alot in em lol. Im small so the hieght helps.thats cool that you dont like em mamas, just my opinion if you got the legs you can work em <3
I like black ones, but not obnoxiously high. About 5 inches. Not Clear heels though.

For example, in this pic:
http://pinuplifestyle.com/photo/photo/show?id=2346862%3APhoto%3A555...

those would probably be considered stripper shoes, but I think they look good!
I don't just mean lucite heels...I mean, 2 inch platforms with 5 inch heels. It takes the glamor out of the image and cheapens it, in my opinion.
I agree if your going for more authentic look.
I actually like stripper shoes. But I don't think they are right for pinup/retro photos.
I like the shoes, but the current stuff isn't right for a true retro look. In fact, I didn't buy a great pair of sky-high wedges yesterday, because they simply don't work with my look. Ms. Monroe DID have clear, platform sandals, though, and wore them in a ton of shots! I would pay good money to get my hands on a pair like hers. I've been looking for years, and never found anything quite right.
I love those shoes! That pair doesn't look stripperish, I don't think 'stripper shoes' when I see those.

Wink Holliday said:
I like the shoes, but the current stuff isn't right for a true retro look. In fact, I didn't buy a great pair of sky-high wedges yesterday, because they simply don't work with my look. Ms. Monroe DID have clear, platform sandals, though, and wore them in a ton of shots! I would pay good money to get my hands on a pair like hers. I've been looking for years, and never found anything quite right.
I agree. It always throws me off when I see a good photo with trashy stripper shoes. I think there's a fine line what falls into stripper shoes and what doesn't though. For example:

Cute:
Photobucket

Not cute:
Photobucket
The tip slot is a dead giveaway. ;)
"The tip slot is a dead giveaway"

hahahahaha.
LOL OMFG Tip slot AAAAAAAAHAHHAHAA What a slot!
Woooooooow. I have never seen a "tip" slot before. Yikes!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service