Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Announcing the second edition of the highest quality pinup calendar you'll ever have in your hands. We've been successful before, it's time to do it again! Unlike our usual contests, we're giving you one month to prepare for the two-week submission period. Photographers, grab your models and Models, contact your favorite photographers.

RULES:
*Only PHOTOGRAPHERS are eligible to submit.
*Each entry may include up to FIVE different images. So, photographers, choose your submissions wisely!
*Please upload watermarked images, however, selected images must be provided as high-resolution, UNwatermarked files for the calendar.

EDIT: ATTENTION!!!
We're super excited to announce that we have decided to open up the contest to Artists and Models!!!! To accommodate all the new submissions, we will be extending the contest for an additional week. The submission period will now end OCTOBER 7th, 2010 at Midnight PST. Voting begins at 12:01 October 8th.

Please spread the word, we're really looking forward to including some more members with this new expansion!

MODELS: If one of your images is selected, please be prepared to obtain written permission as well as a high-resolution, un-watermarked file, from your photographer. You will only have a limited time to do so once you're notified. Might as well give your photographer a heads-up now! :)

Views: 482

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Are photos with implied nudity okay to submit?
it was a legitimate question and i wasn't so much inquiring about pay (figured about the budget) but can the photographer expect anything other than exposure. a free copy of the calendar? or the ability to buy them at wholesale to resell and promote the "community"?

since you're selling the end result i had to ask! completely understand about time spent and am confident you will create a great layout. continued success!
Yes maam! Anything that would be okay to upload here on PL is okay for the calendar too.
Thanks for checking, and we look forward to seeing your submissions!

Melanie Benson said:
Are photos with implied nudity okay to submit?
Hi Glen,

A free copy of the calendar is equal to a form of payment, specifically ~$30 x 12enteen photographers. As stated before, even we pay full price for our own, not a single copy of it is free as they are printed on demand.

If wholesale made sense to us who do have the resources to handle distribution, we'd go down that path ourselves, unfortunately the margin is ~$2.00. (I really wasn't kidding when I said we'd mail out nickles) It just doesn't make sense to order in bulk and handle fulfillment in house. If you're still interested in wholesale now, let me know and i'll gladly discuss the possibility in private.

You are correct that we do sell the end result, so that next year maybe we are around to produce another one because the site will continue to exist and grow. The "profit" from calendar sales last year was not enough to cover a single month of operational costs. I hope this gives you the insight you require to make a decision on whether or not you wish to participate with the "community" effort.

Love the art,
e

Glen McDowell said:
it was a legitimate question and i wasn't so much inquiring about pay (figured about the budget) but can the photographer expect anything other than exposure. a free copy of the calendar? or the ability to buy them at wholesale to resell and promote the "community"? since you're selling the end result i had to ask! completely understand about time spent and am confident you will create a great layout. continued success!
That's Rockin' Good News! I saw your first calendar and LOVED it. Great quality imagery and if I remember it was printed very nicely. Yea, I'm all about this!
Very interesting to see some photographers putting all their eggs in 1 basket with 5 shots of the same model and in some cases even set.

A tip: You should be choosing your best 5 images EV4R! That means pick the 5 photographs in your portfolio that showcase pinup thru your eyes. Diversify, increase the chances of someone connecting with your work!
I would think that would be the case. If I was a photographer, I'd put my favorite 5 pics in for submission, but I'd like variety and I would figure that would give me a better shot of getting an image of mine into the calender. I can understand if there was a specific shoot with a model the photographer wanted to showcase. I say "show me your hand" and lemme see what else people got!

Edson {PL Team} said:
Very interesting to see some photographers putting all their eggs in 1 basket with 5 shots of the same model and in some cases even set.

A tip: You should be choosing your best 5 images EV4R! That means pick the 5 photographs in your portfolio that showcase pinup thru your eyes. Diversify, increase the chances of someone connecting with your work!
As did I! I got a photog friend of mine to join just to submit, and now she's hooked!

Miss Behavin said:
i put a note up on facebook, hopefully this contest will help you expand the PUL community!
Models trying to submit entries, we'll no longer be kind enough to email you informing you your entry has been DECLINED. Please read the rules for this contest, only the photographer of each image can submit an entry. If they are not on PL we suggest you ask them to join, if they are, early bird gets the worm, get to them before another model does or approach another photographer you've worked with!

Moving forward you'll simply be declined without a heads up for not taking a second to read.
Question: Sorry, if this has been covered already, but I don't see where to send our submissions . Do we just attach them to a reply to this board?
Click the link above (in the original post, right underneath the tilte) that says ENTER HERE.

Look forward to seeing your submissions!

David Evad said:
Question: Sorry, if this has been covered already, but I don't see where to send our submissions . Do we just attach them to a reply to this board?
If anyone in the San Jose/ Silicon Valley/ San Francisco Bay Area wants to enter this and needs a Hair Stylist - Hit me up! Check out http://www.modelmayhem.com/BettyFlies143 and http://www.facebook.com/bettyflies to view my portfolio.

Thanks

Sandra

RSS

Home Page
ROLL FOR RANDOM PHOTOS,
LOVE, COMMENT, & SHARE!

Advertise on PinupLifestyle

Latest Members

Follow Us!

Check out our friends:

© 2024   Created by PL Team.   Powered by

Widgets  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service